Author Topic: Greece  (Read 261 times)

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
    • Some Other Sucker's Parade
Greece
« on: December 06, 2018, 21:28:40 PM »
Going to Greece in April, Athens for a few days and then planning on renting a car and doing the Penepolese region of the country. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:

Q's Comps

Some Other Suckers Parade

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
Re: Greece
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 22:56:14 PM »
Going to Greece in April, Athens for a few days and then planning on renting a car and doing the Penepolese region of the country. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Don't bother with the car in Athens!

Not done the Penopolese region, just Islands and have always had good experiences.....the people are great
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 14:22:16 PM »
Can't go wrong with any part of Greece really - weather, food, scenery, people, all absolutely wonderful.

I've been to Rhodes, Crete, Halkidiki and - if we're counting Greek habitats - Cyprus; I highly recommend a seafood meze, there's nothing like eating your way through one of those alfresco at a beach-side restaurant. :)
The keys to happiness

snodes

• TNMS Member
  • Oh..THAT'S how you change your text!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 18:32:30 PM »
Athens metro is very good and 5e stations have interesting exhibits of historical stuff unearthed when it was built. Top tip is to get a combined ticket that covers the Acropolis - buy it from a less popular site (Temple of Zeus(?) just round the corner is good, then you can just swan past the long queues at the Acropolis. TOM Holland’s brilliant book Persian Fire is a great background to the history of Athens, Persia and Sparta which will whet your appetite and give it all some context.  Enjoy!
"As soon as you stop believing you will win, you've started to lose"