Author Topic: Johnny English Strikes Again  (Read 88 times)

Reg

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
  • Must be the woman in you, brings out the man in me
Johnny English Strikes Again
« on: October 06, 2018, 23:25:41 PM »

I wouldn't have seen this if I didn't have a Cineworld Unlimited card.

I enjoyed the last one more - but I think maybe that was because I saw it with some friends.

The most amazing thing about seeing this wasn't in the film itself, but the sole person who actually applauded at the end of the film! I remember thinking "What the actual feck?".

There are some amusing bits, but nothing laugh-out-loud funny. Well, not to me anyway. Some of the audience obviously disagreed.

Meh.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
Re: Johnny English Strikes Again
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 02:50:27 AM »
Cannot stand this character or the so called humour....really sets my teeth on edge! Absolutely Loved Black Adder though! Hard to believe they are both played by the same person
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
Re: Johnny English Strikes Again
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »
I've still only seen the first of these. The Barclaycard ads were funny but the joke is a bit too thin to stretch to a feature film, I find.

I thought his sidekick in the ads (Henry Naylor) was funnier than Ben Miller, as well. Naylor used to be in a comedy duo with Andy Parsons and was head writer for Spitting Image at one time, as well.

Don't know if he was overlooked for the first film, or turned it down. Ironically he and Parsons started the comedy club where Ben Miller got his first break.