• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
June 19, 2019, 18:15:44 pm

Geddy Lee - Book of Bass

Started by The Letter R, October 04, 2018, 11:30:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

It's finally in my possession.  Pretty hefty tome! Had a quick flick through, then put it in a super-secure location lest the kid or dog get hold of it.  ::)
The keys to happiness

Anna Woriboutchu

What a beautiful book.

I hope my never take out of the wrapping back-up also arrives soon.

The Letter R

Fantastic book and at a bargain price  8)

Slim

I received mine a couple of weeks ago finally having ordered it on New Year's Eve for a bargain £16.64, really nicely done and what a gobsmacking collection of stuff, beautifully photographed.

Disappointed to see that the old teardrop bass that I saw him play in '77 isn't in there though, though I've just googled this and perhaps it's not surprising:

"It was very trendy for a while for Toronto bass players to have teardrop-shaped Precisions, It 's got a monster sound, but it's totally uncontrollable. I put a set of Jazz pickups on it, and it's wild; it's the loudest bass you'll ever hear - totally in your face. But I ruined it by cutting the horns off and painting it like a '57 Chevy in a fit of mental retardation! I hate when that happens: "Wouldn't it be cool if I did this?" Yeah, for about 5 minutes... I pulled it out the other day, and it looks so awful. It's baby blue and white-just a gross thing."

Well I like it.

Bernie Marsden has a similar book coming out soon, featuring his own gobsmacking guitar collection.

mc

I hear Ged is doing a book signing tour of the UK later this year....................
Hammersmith Odeon June 77
Where it all began....................

captainkurtz

Yes...but will we able to take our £16.00 amazon bought books or will we be expected to purchase again...
Anger is a gift.

Pricey

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 05, 2019, 14:56:26 pm
Yes...but will we able to take our £16.00 amazon bought books or will we be expected to purchase again...
I see he's doing Costco stores, perfect opportunity to stock up on bog roll and muffins at bargain prices too
I'll try and behave . Promise

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Pricey on May 07, 2019, 16:36:45 pm
I see he's doing Costco stores, perfect opportunity to stock up on bog roll and muffins at bargain prices too

Who needs bog roll when you've got a bloody dirty great book on bass guitars? Probably be a bit like Izal though...
Legend in my own Mind

Fuzzy

Just got the email for the book signing, £60 including the tome, can't take your purchased copy or anything else. London, Manchester and Glasgow.
Money, it's a gas

Matt2112

Quote from: Fuzzy on May 29, 2019, 17:50:38 pmJust got the email for the book signing, £60 including the tome, can't take your purchased copy or anything else. London, Manchester and Glasgow.

Dislike.  ::)
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Fuzzy on May 29, 2019, 17:50:38 pmJust got the email for the book signing, £60 including the tome, can't take your purchased copy or anything else. London, Manchester and Glasgow.
Up yours GLee!
Legend in my own Mind

Thailand Express

Bez

Book currently £20 on Amazon....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

zoony