Question Time / This Week #5

Started by Matt2112, September 21, 2018, 11:40:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on April 04, 2019, 17:39:03 pm
Interesting: David "White Saviour" Lammy and the insufferable regressive SJW Ash Sarkar on tonight.  ::)

When dealing with Irish issues I never have much credit to Mairead McGuiness but she is excellent on Brexit.  She has a much better grasp of it than most UK politicians.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

May 01, 2019, 15:27:50 pm #106 Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 17:50:01 pm by Matt2112
Just idly browsing the BBC QT website's upcoming transmissions and they're coming to Halifax on 27th June!  Obviously I've applied, and I bet the venue is Square Chapel - which I advised via their "Suggest a Venue" facility.  Fiona Bruce will probably know it from filming two editions of Antiques Roadshow at the adjacent Piece Hall last summer. 

Richard...see you there? ;)
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 01, 2019, 15:27:50 pm
Just idly browsing the BBC QT website's upcoming transmissions and they're coming to Halifax on 27th June!  Obviously I've applied, and I bet the venue is Square Chapel - which I advised via their "Suggest a Venue" facility.  Fiona Bruce will know probably it from filming two editions of Antiques Roadshow at the adjacent Piece Hall last summer. 

Nice, I'll look out for you....

Last week's is worth catching up with on demand...as lively an audience as I've seen with guests out of their collective depths.

"Brexit actor" is particularly hilarious.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

döm

Quote from: Bez on May 01, 2019, 15:39:52 pm
Nice, I'll look out for you....

Last week's is worth catching up with on demand...as lively an audience as I've seen with guests out of their collective depths.

"Brexit actor" is particularly hilarious.

Saw the clip of him losing it with Caroline Lucas.  Awful man. Doubt he'll ever appear on QT again (if he has any sense)

Bez

Quote from: döm on May 01, 2019, 17:39:09 pm

Saw the clip of him losing it with Caroline Lucas.  Awful man. Doubt he'll ever appear on QT again (if he has any sense)

Played a dwarf in LotR I believe.....

Richard_2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 01, 2019, 15:27:50 pm
Just idly browsing the BBC QT website's upcoming transmissions and they're coming to Halifax on 27th June!  Obviously I've applied, and I bet the venue is Square Chapel - which I advised via their "Suggest a Venue" facility.  Fiona Bruce will probably know it from filming two editions of Antiques Roadshow at the adjacent Piece Hall last summer. 

Aye I'll give it a bash, not holding out much hope though cause I've applied for QT loads of times in the past and never got on.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Matt2112

Farage and Soubry on tonight, should keep things lively.
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 09, 2019, 19:35:29 pm
That would have been more fun after the 23rd  ;D

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 09, 2019, 19:35:29 pm

I know Farage has got his critics, but that Soubry is something else. Horrible self centred bitch.

Matt2112

Fell asleep toward the end.  ::)
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 10, 2019, 09:02:52 am
Fell asleep toward the end.  ::)
I managed to watch all of it, miraculously. Highlight was probably Farage to Amber Rudd: "You lied! Stop lying to us!". Soubry was as adamant as ever that she knows what's best for everybody - "my constituents did not vote to be worse off". Really? How do you know that Anna? 17.4m voted to leave despite being assured that they would be worse off by the 'experts'. Hope her pompous group of non-entities get hammered in the Euros.

Bez

Watched it this morning....

It was quite entertaining. Its easy to forget how persuasive Farage is as an orator. He would have been better suited to times gone by (like his policies  ;) )

döm

Quote from: DavidL on May 10, 2019, 11:49:03 am
I managed to watch all of it, miraculously. Highlight was probably Farage to Amber Rudd: "You lied! Stop lying to us!". Soubry was as adamant as ever that she knows what's best for everybody - "my constituents did not vote to be worse off". Really? How do you know that Anna? 17.4m voted to leave despite being assured that they would be worse off by the 'experts'. Hope her pompous group of non-entities get hammered in the Euros.

Really - Farage has the cheek to accuse others of lying.  The hypocrisy is off the scale!!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on May 10, 2019, 12:54:48 pm

Really - Farage has the cheek to accuse others of lying.  The hypocrisy is off the scale!!
It's not an accusation, it's a fact

döm

Quote from: DavidL on May 10, 2019, 13:29:45 pm
It's not an accusation, it's a fact

I've no idea but I suppose even he can speak the truth occasionally