Author Topic: Question Time / This Week #5  (Read 2646 times)

döm

• TNMS Member
Re: Question Time / This Week #5
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2019, 06:55:57 AM »
Not qt but I really enjoyed the exchange between Mark Francois and and Will Self. I think they appeared on the Daily Politics yesterday.

Francois completely discredited himself with faux  outrage which showed he couldnt or didn't want to understand basic English. What a cock!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 09:35:47 AM by döm »
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2019, 20:42:00 PM »
Three MPs on tonight who will blame each other for the Brexit omnishambles while they all steal their tax payer-funded wages, plus Julia Hartley Brewer to keep things the right side of sane, plus some Uni professor I’ve never heard of.  Enjoy...  :-\
The keys to happiness

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2019, 23:26:12 PM »
Three MPs on tonight who will blame each other for the Brexit omnishambles while they all steal their tax payer-funded wages, plus Julia Hartley Brewer to keep things the right side of sane, plus some Uni professor I’ve never heard of.  Enjoy...  :-\

Julie Hartley Bewer has never been on the right side of sane. If that's your hope Matt, it's a forlorn one!

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2019, 08:24:36 AM »

Julie Hartley Bewer has never been on the right side of sane. If that's your hope Matt, it's a forlorn one!

A straight-talker, unlike the rest of the panel.  Even though I don’t necessarily always agree with her politically.

Great heated exchange between two blokes in the audience btw, well worth seeing.
The keys to happiness

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2019, 15:04:48 PM »

A straight-talker, unlike the rest of the panel.  Even though I don’t necessarily always agree with her politically.

Great heated exchange between two blokes in the audience btw, well worth seeing.

Surely sanity is defined by what you say more than how you say it ?

Thanks for the tip I'll look out for it

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2019, 16:54:16 PM »

Surely sanity is defined by what you say more than how you say it ?

Thanks for the tip I'll look out for it

I'm not a staunch Brexiter like her, however other than that she generally speaks a lot of sense; a proper centre-ground secularist who has no truck with militant identity politics etc.  If you only see her on QT which is dominated by Brexit ad nauseum then I imagine she's going to be more difficult to identify with.  :) [size=78%]  [/size]
The keys to happiness

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2019, 23:21:17 PM »
QT has been pretty soul-crushing recently; even Henning Wehn last week couldn’t be arsed cracking any gags after the first ten minutes.

Thankfully, Owen Jones is on tonight, and while he often might have folk tearing their hair out, at least he’ll show a bit of passion and keep it lively.
Caught up with this one today. Thought Javed Khan gave a solid performance and Raab did well to defend himself (a future Tory leader?). I've noticed that Owen Jones seems to twitch in a strange manner when anyone is expressing an opinion he doesn't agree with. The word 'twerp' could have been invented for him. I'm quite impressed with Fiona Bruce, who's proving to be a safe pair of hands (as well as an award winning pair of buttocks).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:02:08 AM by DavidL »