Question Time / This Week #5

Started by Matt2112, September 21, 2018, 10:40:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on January 11, 2019, 23:52:54 pm
I agree for the most part....it was less Antiques Roadshow than I was expecting....she did let Emily Thornberry speak to much and didn't push Lammy hard enough about his plan B, but generally OK.

Think you mean Cleverly

Bez

Quote from: DavidL on January 12, 2019, 00:35:13 am
Think you mean Cleverly

Ooops, I do indeed mean Cleverly....all Torys look the same  ;)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on January 12, 2019, 23:41:26 pm
Ooops, I do indeed mean Cleverly....all Torys look the same  ;)
David Lammy  is a Labour MP (hope you didn't mean something else?)  ;)

Bez

Quote from: DavidL on January 13, 2019, 00:41:39 am
David Lammy  is a Labour MP (hope you didn't mean something else?)  ;)

Can't think what you mean..... ;D

btw, I've awarded myself a level 1 feckwittery badge for my previous posts... :-[

Matt2112

QuoteFiona Bruce presents debate from Derby, with a panel of politicians and other guests facing topical questions from the audience. She is joined by minister for justice with responsibility for prisons Rory Stewart, shadow home secretary Diane Abbott, deputy leader of the SNP at Westminster Kirsty Blackman, journalist Isabel Oakeshott and professor of European politics and foreign affairs at King's College Anand Menon.

Oakeshott for the Alt-Right and Abbott for the CTRL-Left should make it entertaining in their own ways.

Goodness knows what the topics under discussion might be.  ::)
The keys to happiness

Bez

5 minutes in and Fiona Bruce has already shredded Abbott around Corbyn's ability to talk to Hamas, but not May.

And there, my friends, is why Labour wouldn't win an election.....

Bez

Anand Menon seems like a sensible chap....

Pricey

my favourite bit last night who said , he wasn't bothered as much by Brexit and the fall out as the prospect of DA and JC controlling security of the country or words to that effect .
I'll try and behave . Promise

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on January 17, 2019, 23:42:43 pm
5 minutes in and Fiona Bruce has already shredded Abbott around Corbyn's ability to talk to Hamas, but not May.

And there, my friends, is why Labour wouldn't win an election.....

Spot on.  Also, Abbott, like her Dear Leader, can not and/or will not explain a coherent position on her party's policies.  She just waffles and misdirects and what-abouts with those simpering eye-rolls every single time.  And as an audience member so rightly pointed out, imagining her as Home Secretary is far more alarming than any concerns about Brexit. 

Last night's QT was the first time I've watched Fiona Bruce's stewardship properly and I was impressed overall - pounced upon weaknesses in the panel's arguments quite astutely and relentlessly. 

That said, the slight but probably unavoidable downside at times was that her interjections spoiled the flow of the conversation, but I'll probably get used to that.
The keys to happiness

zoony

Oakeshott looks hotter every time she's on there.

Matt2112

QuoteFiona Bruce presents debate from Winchester. On the panel are the Brexiteer and former Brexit minister who resigned her post over Theresa May's deal, Suella Braverman MP, the shadow secretary of state of housing, John Healey MP, chief leader writer at the Observer and former policy adviser to Ed Miliband, Sonia Sodha, the executive chairman of the communications agency Cicero Group, Iain Anderson, and Express columnist and radio host on the weekday breakfast programme at LBC, Nick Ferrari.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Who thought that Nick Ferrari would be the best contributor on a panel of 5....

Braverman is mad

döm

Didn't watch either. I did catch the clip from This Week where James Delingpole is absolutely destroyed over his complete misunderstanding about how WTO will work. Marvellous stuff !
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

Thought Braverman was the best of an atrocious panel.  Fortunately some of the audience's contributions were very good.

Sodha was the mad one for me.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Turned off after 18 minutes tonight....this lot couldn't make a personality between them...