Question Time / This Week #5

Started by Matt2112, September 21, 2018, 10:40:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

May 30, 2019, 22:32:46 pm #135 Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 22:37:26 pm by Matt2112
Oh, just noticed that Rory "18/1 with Ladbrokes" Stewart is also on tonight.

Bet his odds are trimmed afterward.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Unimpressed with "Rod" yesterday....it all seems very simple when he talks (apart from the "Tony Blair" hand gestures). The reality is going to be very different. Was there any movement on his proce after the show, Matt?

In fact deeply unimpressed with the whole panel.

Jo Swinson will remove any momentum that the Lib Debs have built up.
Barry Gardener has an awful, slow delivery when he speaks.
Pinker was unengaged
Brexit woman spoke some sense around the student load debate, but apart from that she's as mad as Farage
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on May 31, 2019, 12:39:32 pmUnimpressed with "Rod" yesterday....it all seems very simple when he talks (apart from the "Tony Blair" hand gestures). The reality is going to be very different. Was there any movement on his proce after the show, Matt?

Checked this morning - odds have been slightly trimmed.  Of course, this is merely a reflection of the betting market rather than Rory's performance necessarily.

Quote from: undefinedJo Swinson will remove any momentum that the Lib Debs have built up.
Barry Gardener has an awful, slow delivery when he speaks.
Pinker was unengaged
Brexit woman spoke some sense around the student load debate, but apart from that she's as mad as Farage

Broadly agree.  The Lib Dems have merely gone all in on a gap in the market and are consequently reaping substantial support in the polls.  I do think their devout belief in Remaining is fundamentally wrong, though (and I voted Remain).

Barry Gardener is quite a likeable character -  certainly one of the more palatable Labour MPs.

Yes, Pinker was miscast and, again, despite his astute reasoning on a second referendum I thought he concluded with a non sequitur.  If even a genuine intellectual giant like him can't make the case for it then it's surely time to stop flogging that dead horse.
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Just been announced that QT's venue in Halifax on Thursday week is to be Square Chapel - exactly as I suggested via the BBC's website nigh on two years ago.

Surely that entitles me to an invitation as a VIP.  :D
The keys to happiness

pdw1

Quote from: Matt2112 on June 17, 2019, 18:58:38 pmJust been announced that QT's venue in Halifax on Thursday week is to be Square Chapel - exactly as I suggested via the BBC's website nigh on two years ago.

Surely that entitles me to an invitation as a VIP.  :D
Perhaps you should be on the panel  ;D
You'd make more sense than most of them  :-\
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

Quote from: pdw1 on June 17, 2019, 20:57:20 pmPerhaps you should be on the panel  ;D
You'd make more sense than most of them  :-\
Not sure that would be wise, Patrick; I'd just bang on about the halcyon days of the 80s and risk being labelled a Tory.  ;)
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

So, BBC, you didn't return my calls, my messages, my emails...we're done.

Who's on the panel tonight..?  Actually, who cares.  :(
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Well that were sh!te.

Didn't see anyone I know.

And, Fiona, you've broadcast from Halifax at least twice now, and to call it a "city" is a pretty embarrassing error.  As you should know given our famous football team, it's Halifax TOWN.

Bloody holding it in a venue I suggested years ago and I don't even get invited. Utter gets. ::)
The keys to happiness

Bez

Couldn't sleep last night, so subjected myself to this at 04:00...

I find myself quite liking Martin Lewis
The labour woman was undone by her leader
Tory woman was undone by her support of Hunt who's view on foxhunting and abortion have scuppered any chance he had of winning the leadership contest
Green woman kept trying to deflect any question that she was asked on to the green agenda
The bloke on the end was just a c***.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

I thought the bloke on the end often spoke the most sense tbh.

The Tory, Labour and Green panellists were slightly different levels of insufferable; the petty, party political point scoring gets very tedious very quickly.

Martin Lewis seems a good egg.  I got two nice new pairs of glasses recently for £17.00 courtesy of his site. :)
The keys to happiness