Chernobyl

Started by döm, May 09, 2019, 18:32:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

Last episode watched at lunchtime....very good indeed. The pre-credits are very sobering....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

döm

June 06, 2019, 15:09:56 pm #16 Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 15:15:51 pm by döm
5 brilliant episodes - what a show 

The timeline was perfect - so cleverly done starting 2 years after the event and ending with the trial but jumping back to the events that led to the explosion.

The attention to detail, the fantastic cast.  The whole 5 episodes were tv perfection!

Hopefully they'll make a second season  ;D

And if, like me, you want more of this the HBO podcasts are brilliant at filling in the backstory and explaining the events in more detail
Chernobyl podcasts

I listen to them on Spotify
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

Thanks for the podcast tips Dom. Have to agree that was fantastic tv and I almost understood why the reactor exploded/imploded. Must win some awards.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Chris Quartly

Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

döm

Quote from: Chris Quartly on June 07, 2019, 15:05:49 pmWorth a read though - https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/06/06/why-hbos-chernobyl-gets-nuclear-so-wrong/#11db722a632f
Interesting stuff Chris  pushes it more into drama and less about a factual recount.

Apparently the Russians are planning their own version where a CIA agent takes a prominent role  ;D

Matt2112

This is currently the highest priority on my to-watch list.
The keys to happiness

Nick

Quote from: döm on June 06, 2019, 15:09:56 pmAnd if, like me, you want more of this the HBO podcasts are brilliant at filling in the backstory and explaining the events in more detail
Chernobyl podcasts

I listen to them on Spotify
Had do to do some business travel and listened to the podcast, it was fantastic. Really a great insight into this great show, so much went into the production.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Matt2112

Well I managed to cram this in before my Now TV subscription expired (now GoT has finished there's no point keeping it).

I can only echo the praise above.  What a riveting, powerful, heartbreaking, stunning, pulsating, brilliantly-made five hours of television.  I was engrossed from start to finish.

If something you watch makes you want to dig straight in to the factual backstory afterward you know it's done more than its job.

Remarkable stuff; landmark television in fact.
The keys to happiness

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 04, 2019, 21:16:26 pmWell I managed to cram this in before my Now TV subscription expired (now GoT has finished there's no point keeping it).

I can only echo the praise above.  What a riveting, powerful, heartbreaking, stunning, pulsating, brilliantly-made five hours of television.  I was engrossed from start to finish.

If something you watch makes you want to dig straight in to the factual backstory afterward you know it's done more than its job.

Remarkable stuff; landmark television in fact.
my son loved it too and he bought this book which is supposed to compliment the show - I'll read it when he's done...