Glasto Roast 2019

Started by Matt2112, June 29, 2019, 00:35:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Liam Gallagher.

Plod, plod, plod.  :-\

Looking as aloof as possible in front of thousands is soooo 90s.
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on June 30, 2019, 15:22:29 pmI see someone was signing for Stormzy. I trust they were just making the Wanker sign...
I hope they were careful with the "OK" sign.  ::)
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

It seems churlish to state anything unkind about Kylie.  Her show is just too camp for that.

But, sorry...as a singer, she is simply atrocious.

And now she's just invited up Glastonbury's perennial bad penny Chris Martin to strum along to one of her songs.

As if the duet he did the other night with Stormzy wasn't bad enough.  And that was really, really bad.
The keys to happiness

Nick

Miley perked things up no end. Great show.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

rufus the dawg

The comet is coming were pretty fantastic

döm

The only act I saw was the Cure gig last night. Was really impressed with what I heard even though I only knew their singles. These had largely put me off especially their more recent material. I know feel I've been missing out and have some catching up to do.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

July 01, 2019, 08:55:09 am #21 Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:57:14 am by Matt2112
Always had a soft spot for The Cure; another band that takes me back to the common room.

Watched on iplayer and fell asleep half way through however; not their fault, I hasten to add.
The keys to happiness

rufus the dawg

Quote from: döm on July 01, 2019, 08:05:55 amThe only act I saw was the Cure gig last night. Was really impressed with what I heard even though I only knew their singles. These had largely put me off especially their more recent material. I know feel I've been missing out and have some catching up to do.
kiss me kiss me kiss me is a good place to start. It's a great comby of early Goth and Fey love/pop songs; also one of those great sprawling double albums the punks tried to stop and failed thank god.

The first song is one of the great opening to any album ever. Rush and Pink Floyd would both have loved to have written that track.

zoony

Is it over yet? I can start watching BBC 2 again then 🙂.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on July 01, 2019, 22:54:36 pmIs it over yet? I can start watching BBC 2 again then 🙂.
Only if you want to see endless tennis....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

captainkurtz

The Cure were amazing.
Anger is a gift.

zoony

Quote from: Bez on July 01, 2019, 23:03:21 pmOnly if you want to see endless tennis....
Ah yes, forgot about that. Best leave it another couple of weeks then, apart from Dragon's den of course.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on July 03, 2019, 01:11:04 amAh yes, forgot about that. Best leave it another couple of weeks then, apart from Dragon's den of course.
and the endless Tennis on radio 5, does my head in.

Bez

Quote from: rufus the dawg on July 03, 2019, 16:45:02 pmand the endless Tennis on radio 5, does my head in.
On all BBC platforms....anyone would think that it was the only sporting event that they have exclusive rights to.... ;)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%