• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
May 27, 2019, 11:10:28 am

Summer hols 2019

Started by zoony, September 09, 2018, 00:47:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Well, not quite summer, but book a week away from the 23rd may at Salou in Spain for myself, Wendy and Alicia. All inclusive with a free pass included for a water park just over a mile away. Will hope to take Alicia to see The Nou camp as it's not to far away. It will be a sentimental holiday for me, as I went there with my late best mate, Iantheholte and another friend back in 1987.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on September 09, 2018, 00:47:20 am
Well, not quite summer, but book a week away from the 23rd may at Salou in Spain for myself, Wendy and Alicia. All inclusive with a free pass included for a water park just over a mile away. Will hope to take Alicia to see The Nou camp as it's not to far away. It will be a sentimental holiday for me, as I went there with my late best mate, Iantheholte and another friend back in 1987.

If you get chance to do a day tour of Barcelona its well worth it. Fabulaous place.
Enjoy
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Nick

Agree with Bez, Barcelona is a must for a day.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nick

Nothing decided yet, part of me wants Greek Island another part is saying Italy.

Slim

Quote from: zoony on September 09, 2018, 00:47:20 am

Went to Salou as a kid a few times, and Tamarit, a few miles along the coast Lovely beaches as I recall.

Slim

Will be visiting the European Union on holiday this year with a cruise to Bruges planned in April, and various Mediterranean locations on a cruise in August. Should be a lot easier to leave this time.

The Letter R

Off to Croatia again - starting from Split airport ( staying in Trogir first night ) where we drove down to last year from Pula but this time doing a circular drive south down to Dubrovnik and back to Split taking in 3 or 4 islands via the car ferries on the way.
Really enjoyed it last year so hopefully this year will be good too.

Bez

Nothing decided here yet....indecision around Brexit and the value of the pound are factors, but just agreeing a destination with Mrs B is proving very difficult....

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on April 30, 2019, 08:39:33 am
Nothing decided here yet....indecision around Brexit and the value of the pound are factors, but just agreeing a destination with Mrs B is proving very difficult....

Well the Greek-Cypriot matriarch of our household booked the family to Kefalonia during the first week of August - which is actually fine by me, but it would have been nice to have been properly consulted...  ::) ;)

Anyway, that'll be another one of its islands off the list  - only about 225 to go...  :) [size=78%] [/size]
The keys to happiness

captainkurtz

Krakow, probably in August for 3 days.  And thats it...
Anger is a gift.

Nick

Quote from: The Letter R on April 30, 2019, 08:28:34 am
Off to Croatia again - starting from Split airport ( staying in Trogir first night ) where we drove down to last year from Pula but this time doing a circular drive south down to Dubrovnik and back to Split taking in 3 or 4 islands via the car ferries on the way.
Really enjoyed it last year so hopefully this year will be good too.

Also heading back to Croatia, staying north of Dubrovnik, planning a venture into Montenegro.

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on April 30, 2019, 10:00:05 am

Well the Greek-Cypriot matriarch of our household booked the family to Kefalonia during the first week of August - which is actually fine by me, but it would have been nice to have been properly consulted...  ::) ;)

Anyway, that'll be another one of its islands off the list  - only about 225 to go...  :)

Loved Kefalonia when we were there a few years back....

pdw1

Done the big holiday for this year already; spent 5 days in Venice just before Easter to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.
Absolutely fantastic place and not too crowded as it was just the start of the season.

August, we should be in France for a few weeks.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Bez

Quote from: pdw1 on April 30, 2019, 23:18:09 pm
Done the big holiday for this year already; spent 5 days in Venice just before Easter to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.
Absolutely fantastic place and not too crowded as it was just the start of the season.

On my list of places to visit, but I've always been put off by the potential crowds and the "rip-off" nature of the economy....

August, we should be in France for a few weeks.

Sounds grim, mate.... ;)