• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
July 21, 2019, 17:49:20 pm

League 1 2018-19 Season

Started by The Letter R, July 30, 2018, 13:37:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

zoony


The Letter R

Ardley gone this morning in a club statement "by mutual consent"  ie our £75k FA Cup TV Money was probably enough to buy him out of his contract - time to find a replacement now.........

Matt2112

Quote from: The Letter R on November 12, 2018, 12:31:27 pm
Ardley gone this morning in a club statement "by mutual consent"  ie our £75k FA Cup TV Money was probably enough to buy him out of his contract - time to find a replacement now.........



Can you wait a few weeks?  Cheers.  ;) ;D
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: The Letter R on November 12, 2018, 12:31:27 pm
Ardley gone this morning in a club statement "by mutual consent"  ie our £75k FA Cup TV Money was probably enough to buy him out of his contract - time to find a replacement now.........


Difficult to argue against the decision, but it always seems harsh for someone who has invested so much into the club...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

The Letter R

Quote from: Bez on November 13, 2018, 15:49:09 pm
Difficult to argue against the decision, but it always seems harsh for someone who has invested so much into the club...



It had to happen really - no club can suffer so many defeats in a row and allow the manager to stay, Ardley has been hard on players when they haven't performed to his liking so it's par for the course really...he may be a decent bloke but when your team aren't getting the results you have to stand aside.

The Letter R

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 13, 2018, 11:31:12 am

Can you wait a few weeks?  Cheers.  ;) ;D

Don't worry - it will probably take us months to sort a new manager out......

The Letter R

So we're the strongest team in the league at the moment ;D ......holding everyone else up......back to League 2 by the looks of things......and it's not even Christmas yet.

Bez

Quote from: The Letter R on December 20, 2018, 08:07:39 am
So we're the strongest team in the league at the moment ;D ......holding everyone else up......back to League 2 by the looks of things......and it's not even Christmas yet.


.....and to think I had your lot down to "beat the bookies" in a prediction league....show's how much I know  ;D
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Chris Quartly

Oxford are on a decent run (1 defeat in 15 in all comps), but it just goes to show how disastrous our start was that we're still only just above the relegation zone.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

The Letter R

Quote from: Bez on December 20, 2018, 14:44:35 pm
.....and to think I had your lot down to "beat the bookies" in a prediction league....show's how much I know  ;D



I thought we would find the season tough but didn't think it would be as bad as it is.......if we do stay up the second half of our season is going to be amazing  :)

Bez

Quote from: The Letter R on December 21, 2018, 13:00:57 pm

I thought we would find the season tough but didn't think it would be as bad as it is.......if we do stay up the second half of our season is going to be amazing  :)


A good start at the weekend, mate....from tiny acorns and all that.... ;)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

The Letter R

Yes - a very welcome 3 points!! - Team played well with a bit of fighting spirit too!! 8)

The Letter R

....another win....we're on a roll...... ::)

The Letter R

Quote from: Bez on August 02, 2018, 07:34:56 am
You seem to be among the favourites to go down, mate....whereas, the happy Hatters are looking at a play-off place.
Bring on the battle  ;)



Bookies seem to be right at the moment....... ??? ::)

Bez

An up and down couple of weeks for the Hatters, we lost our manager to Stoke of all teams, but finally got planning permission for our new ground (anyone who has been to the Oak Road end of Kennilworth Road will understand how desperately the club need this. The seats in the main stand were bought second hand from Kempton race track in tbe 1920s....


Onwards and upwards
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%