Author Topic: EUCON2018  (Read 726 times)

L3rxst

• TNMS Member
  • I will choose Freewill!
Re: EUCON2018
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 12:28:14 PM »
Hey guys
Can I just walk up to Eucon tonight and pay on the door?
I want to believe......

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 08:21:38 AM »
Hey guys
Can I just walk up to Eucon tonight and pay on the door?

Yes mate, my 2 mates with me paid on the door last night.

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 11:24:19 AM »
Had a great time at EUCON again last weekend, but the change of dates did affect it with a lot of regulars not able to make it. Also, not as many TNMSers as usual. We should be back to the normal time next year, so here's hoping we get back to normal 🙂.

Fuzzy

• TNMS Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 17:57:55 PM »
So wonderful to see so many good friends on here at EuCon again this year, as well as many newcomers and probably people on here who I don't quite know in person.
I think it was a success, and certainly anyone who witnessed The Fountain Of Lamneth being performed in it's entirety will not forget that ever, brilliant!

We hope to make a solid announcement soon, but EuCon will return to it's usual slot of 2nd weekend of October (11th/12th) next year, and should be in Crewe again.
Once we announce, don't go booking any accommodation as we hope to have a good package to offer to stay onsite. And the bands for next year are booked, going to be more music next year....

One thing that came up this year was quite a few new attendees saying that they had always discounted Tributes, before Rush retired, but now realise they have been narrow minded, and regret that decision based on the quality of acts out there. Yes, I can accept that I may be biased, but I do try to be objective about this, and hearing songs by my favourite band, amongst folk thoroughly delighting in the spectacle and sounds before them is a great joy to me.

If you don't still, you should at least try it once, you might be surprised. It's not just the event, it's the camaraderie.

Until there is an official announcement, please keep this off Farcebook etc
Money, it's a gas

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 22:03:50 PM »
Yes, what Fuzzy said^^^^^

For the third year running I managed to make a late cameo appearance and as ever it was great to see everyone.  The performance of Lamneth will be spoken about for a long time to come; just mesmeric and masterful.

Definitely my plan for next year is to make more of a weekend of it and at least stay over on the Saturday night so I can get as leathered as everyone else...! :D
The keys to happiness

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2018, 08:06:29 AM »
So wonderful to see so many good friends on here at EuCon again this year, as well as many newcomers and probably people on here who I don't quite know in person.
I think it was a success, and certainly anyone who witnessed The Fountain Of Lamneth being performed in it's entirety will not forget that ever, brilliant!

We hope to make a solid announcement soon, but EuCon will return to it's usual slot of 2nd weekend of October (11th/12th) next year, and should be in Crewe again.
Once we announce, don't go booking any accommodation as we hope to have a good package to offer to stay onsite. And the bands for next year are booked, going to be more music next year....

One thing that came up this year was quite a few new attendees saying that they had always discounted Tributes, before Rush retired, but now realise they have been narrow minded, and regret that decision based on the quality of acts out there. Yes, I can accept that I may be biased, but I do try to be objective about this, and hearing songs by my favourite band, amongst folk thoroughly delighting in the spectacle and sounds before them is a great joy to me.

If you don't still, you should at least try it once, you might be surprised. It's not just the event, it's the camaraderie.

Until there is an official announcement, please keep this off Farcebook etc

Well said mate.