Tour De France

Started by Bez, July 03, 2018, 12:06:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

Quote from: pdw1 on July 19, 2018, 21:00:56 pm
I think Sky are using Geriant as a decoy.

That's some decoy.
I'm not sure that they need to use him as a decoy. He's on great form and I genuinely think that he's surprised them...I doubt he can keep it going to the end, but so far he looks great
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Jonners

I think they have a tough decision to make, they arent the type of team to say "every man for himself"
The new songs are an abomination

Bez

Very dull stage today....the breakaway was doomed and there's no decent sprinters left...
It's a bit lumpier tomorrow, so might suit a break

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bez on July 20, 2018, 21:39:19 pm

It's a bit lumpier tomorrow, so might suit a break

Just the sort of Stage Steve Cummings would like. He's not there though.
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

Good to see Lilian Calmejane put his energy bar wrapper into his jersey pocket today. Many other riders just let theirs drop to the road. I always bring my  oat bar wrappers and empty energy gels back home for disposal.
Strange behaviour for a Frenchman though, being as his countrymen will piss in the street at the drop of a hat...
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

July 23, 2018, 00:56:56 am #20 Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:00:54 am by DavidL
Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 22, 2018, 23:58:00 pm
Good to see Lilian Calmejane put his energy bar wrapper into his jersey pocket today. Many other riders just let theirs drop to the road. I always bring my  oat bar wrappers and empty energy gels back home for disposal.
Strange behaviour for a Frenchman though, being as his countrymen will piss in the street at the drop of a hat...
;D ;D
My Alpen bar was a gooey mess when I pulled it from my jersey this morning. Not surprising really...... I do like my chocolate.  :)
I did carefully place the extremely messy wrapper back in my pocket for responsible disposal, though

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on July 24, 2018, 19:14:54 pm
French  finally find way to stop Froome and Team Skyhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44937933

And the French wonder why people don't like them... *

* Actually, the bastards are that arrogant that they don't even realise that the rest of the world doesn't like garlic breathed, snail chewing, onion bedecked,  cheese eating surrender singes.
Legend in my own Mind

Bez

Looking forward to tomorrow's stage....a mere 65km over 3 mountains...

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 24, 2018, 23:01:25 pm
And the French wonder why people don't like them... *

* Actually, the bastards are that arrogant that they don't even realise that the rest of the world doesn't like garlic breathed, snail chewing, onion bedecked,  cheese eating surrender singes.

Who cares what other people think? Much better off for one's mental health not to give a damn!

Nice stage win for the King of the Mountains today. Allez Alaphillipe!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on July 25, 2018, 00:47:43 am

Who cares what other people think? Much better off for one's mental health not to give a damn!

Some of the most selfish people on earth

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on July 25, 2018, 00:47:43 am

Well. it certainly keeps the French full on mental....

QuoteNice stage win for the King of the Mountains today. Allez Alaphillipe!

Ah yes, the Quick Step Floors rider. But for Team Sky, they'r be the big doping suspects...
Legend in my own Mind

Jonners

I reckon today could be genuinely brilliant, 65kn straight uphill! (with a downhill now and again as well)
The new songs are an abomination

Bez

Froome cracks, Thomas proves he's got what it takes to win, we finally see Quintana. Dan Martin shows that if he could TT he'd be a serious contender in a GT.
Dull stage due today before the final mountain stage on Friday and then the TT on Sat.

Come on, G!

Nïckslïkk2112

Certainly G's to lose now!
More or less just needs to keep upright tomorrow and the job's a good 'un :)

Been interesting reading comments on cycling websites where the vast majority of people seem to think that SKY make US Postal seem like choirboys. Big insinuations saying how can a 32 year old track cyclist beat people up mountains all of a sudden. Nobody ever mentions that Roglic is a 28 yo former ski jumper who is matching people up mountains.
Legend in my own Mind