Football World Cup

Started by The Letter R, June 13, 2018, 17:22:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

July 10, 2018, 23:29:21 pm #61 Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 23:33:03 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Quote from: döm on July 10, 2018, 23:21:05 pm
All the sweeter if you win on Sunday!

3rd place play off is a waste of time...

I know it's not Sunday, but England'll fluff it all up now.
Legend in my own Mind


pdw1

You do get the feeling that France will wipe the floor with England if they make it to the final.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

Quote from: pdw1 on July 11, 2018, 00:02:53 am
You do get the feeling that France will wipe the floor with England if they make it to the final.



Yes; Pickford will need to produce a few more worldies for any hope of prevailing.
The keys to happiness

zoony

Should be a decent final then, but I don't give a flying feck who wins it.

Matt2112

Hopefully the 3rd place play-off isn't again played by two B team selections.
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: zoony on July 12, 2018, 10:29:08 am
Should be a decent final then, but I don't give a flying feck who wins it.

Yes you do.
You want Croatia to win.
Any right minded person wants Croatia to win. #FACTNOTFICTION
Legend in my own Mind


döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 12, 2018, 13:39:19 pm
Yes you do.
You want Croatia to win.
Any right minded person wants Croatia to win. #FACTNOTFICTION



ALLEZ LES BLEUS
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on July 12, 2018, 17:01:04 pm

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

See. They can't even speak English, the language of Soccer.
Legend in my own Mind


zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 12, 2018, 13:17:29 pm
Hopefully the 3rd place play-off isn't again played by two B team selections.



I'd be very surprised if it isn't mate. Without doubt, the most pointless game in the football calendar, and about time it was scrapped.

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 12, 2018, 17:29:17 pm
See. They can't even speak English, the language of Soccer.



International football competition was invented by the French. Jules Rimet etc etc ;)


Le foot revient chez soi!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

colinbrown69

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 12, 2018, 13:39:19 pm
Yes you do.
You want Croatia to win.
Any right minded person wants Croatia to win. #FACTNOTFICTION



Yes I do,


Croatia in the sweep at work,


£90 to the winner, £40 to the runner-up,


£40 guaranteed but £90 would be sweeter,


cheers, Colin
green man...................wembley 8th sep
prem lodge...................n.e.c 11th sept
moon under water.........m.e.n 12 sept
solid rock.....................s.e.c.c 14th sept

Suddenly - You were gone from all the lives you left your mark upon
I remember - How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
Ian

zoony

Hope it's an entertaining final, which would round off what has been one of the best WC tournaments.

DavidL

The referee may have just ruined the final

DavidL

Quote from: DavidL on July 15, 2018, 17:38:17 pm
The referee may have just ruined the final
Hmmm......I think he has!