Author Topic: So, Bombs on Syria....  (Read 564 times)

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
Re: So, Bombs on Syria....
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 22:26:45 PM »
Anyway, don’t worry folks, Giles Fraser and his merry bunch of regressive clowns have ridden to everyone’s rescue, hobnobbing with Assad’s top brass while tweeting some nice, pretty tourist pictures from downtown Damascus.

A classic example of how piety rots the brain.  ::)
What a Jodrell

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 23:24:58 PM »
So, apparently the Ruskies have said they briefed the coalition as to the targets that would be acceptable to avoid escalation. If you believe them, proof positive that the strikes were just an example of gesture politics - virtue signalling with cruise missiles. At least we've found a testing ground for our latest hardware, if nothing else.

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 22:01:49 PM »
I don't understand the logic there - we don't have to include Russian targets to make a meaningful difference, do we? I don't believe this was a "gesture" at all but a genuine impact on Syria's chemical weapons capacity and real deterrence.

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2018, 22:07:20 PM »
I don't understand the logic there - we don't have to include Russian targets to make a meaningful difference, do we? I don't believe this was a "gesture" at all but a genuine impact on Syria's chemical weapons capacity and real deterrence.

Agreed, the last thing we would need would be to damage some Russian infrastructure or find that some Russian soldiers had become collateral damage. Really no need to make a bad situation 10 times worse.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2018, 23:19:56 PM »

Agreed, the last thing we would need would be to damage some Russian infrastructure or find that some Russian soldiers had become collateral damage. Really no need to make a bad situation 10 times worse.
I'm suggesting the Russians chose the Syrian targets. I guess the effectiveness may be revealed in due course but the delay in acting could mean they were not very effective at all.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 23:22:53 PM by DavidL »