University Challenge

Started by Bez, January 23, 2018, 09:20:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bez

I know there are a few other fans on here, so probably worthy of its own thread....

This year's bunch are severely lacking in personailty, apart from the bloke the other week who had a bow in his har. He just looked like a twat.

Questions are either getting easier or I'm getting cleverer

2 blokes from Hemel on earlier in the series  ;)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

BaldiePete

Quote from: Bez on January 23, 2018, 09:20:56 am
I know there are a few other fans on here, so probably worthy of its own thread....

This year's bunch are severely lacking in personailty, apart from the bloke the other week who had a bow in his har. He just looked like a twat.

Questions are either getting easier or I'm getting cleverer

2 blokes from Hemel on earlier in the series  ;)



I watch it although I'm a couple of episodes behind. I agree there don't appear to be any interesting personalities this year but I'm still astonished what a bunch of 20 year olds know. I can usually answer a few questions, some of which is because I've been around a long time and have had more time to learn stuff (and forget it). There was one recently with questions about electronics which I should have known since I have a degree in electronics but I just couldn't remember the details. Mind you I did graduate back in the dark ages of 1983.  :o


Straight Shooter

Quote from: BaldiePete on January 23, 2018, 18:00:51 pm

I can usually answer a few questions, some of which is because I've been around a long time...

That was my reckoning on being able to answer some of the questions; can usually get into double figures  ::)


Anyone watch the Christmas specials? They repeated 2015 & 2016's before showing 2017's which included Bruce Dickinson & Adrian Chiles in the same team!
Most of the 2017 programmes are still on the i-player but are starting to disappear; you've 12 days to view the Final (worth watching...).

"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Bez

The American bloke in the Cambridge team tonight was really irritating.

High-fecking-fives FFS!
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Bez on February 04, 2019, 23:59:59 pm
The American bloke in the Cambridge team tonight was really irritating.

High-fecking-fives FFS!

He was even WORSE in their last match!


Paxman also needs to be even more strict on the guy's habit of buzzing in and not answering straight away - I'd be passing the questions over every time to teach him a lesson!  >:( 
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

zoony

I watch it occasionally, but it's not one of my favourite quiz shows.