Procol Harum - Shine on Brightly
Helloween - Judas
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Ricky4001

Duran Duran - Thank You, Bon Jovi - These Days and Marillion - The Thieving Magpie (La Gazza Ladra)
Wembley 1988<br />Birmingham 1992 x2<br />Birmingham 2004<br />Manchester 2007<br />Dublin 2011 yay!<br />Birmingham 2013

Jonners

Green carnation-The world without a view. new 10 minute "single", these guys are great
The new songs are an abomination

Ricky4001

Wembley 1988<br />Birmingham 1992 x2<br />Birmingham 2004<br />Manchester 2007<br />Dublin 2011 yay!<br />Birmingham 2013

Jonners

Had a bit of "Show of Hands" on while cycle training last night, not listened to it in a VERY long time (I would say 10 years at least)

Got me thinking about the setlist, another botch job/questionable editing decisions both album and film.

Why was limelight left off both, and subdivision from the video.

And for the life of me, I dont remember Red Lenses being played at all having checked setlist.com for the running order.

Wonder if there are some extras lurking around for a future anniversary release?

Bisto

January 13, 2021, 20:22:49 pm #2960 Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:34:23 am by Bisto
Quote from: Jonners on January 13, 2021, 10:20:59 amHad a bit of "Show of Hands" on while cycle training last night, not listened to it in a VERY long time (I would say 10 years at least)

Got me thinking about the setlist, another botch job/questionable editing decisions both album and film.

Why was limelight left off both, and subdivision from the video.

And for the life of me, I dont remember Red Lenses being played at all having checked setlist.com for the running order.

Wonder if there are some extras lurking around for a future anniversary release?
See below re Red Lenses.
Setlist.fm isn't the most reliable source...they have 'The Enemy Within' appearing once in the setlist

COMPLETE HYF TOUR SETLIST according to RUSH.COM

Intro
"The Big Money"
"Subdivisions"
"Limelight"
"Marathon"
"Turn The Page"
"Prime Mover"
"Manhattan Project"
"Closer To The Heart"
"Red Sector A"
"Force Ten"
"Time Stand Still"
"Distant Early Warning"
"Lock And Key"
"Mission"
"Territories"
"YYZ"
"The Rhythm Method" (Drum Solo) (into an excerpt of "Red Lenses")
"The Spirit Of Radio"
"Tom Sawyer"

ENCORE
"2112: Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx"
"La Villa Strangiato"
"In The Mood"

VHS/DVD TRACKLIST
1. Intro
2. The Big Money
3. Marathon
4. Turn the Page
5. Prime Mover
6. Manhattan Project
7. Closer to the Heart
8. Red Sector A
9. Force Ten
10. Lock and Key*
11. Mission
12. Territories
13. YYZ
14. The Rhythm Method • Drum Solo
15. The Spirit of Radio
16. Tom Sawyer
17. 2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/La Villa Strangiato/In The Mood

*Lock and Key only appears on the laserdisc version

ALBUM TRACKLIST
1. "Intro"
 "The Big Money" (Birmingham, UK)
3. "Subdivisions" (Birmingham, UK)
4. "Marathon" (Birmingham, UK)
5. "Turn the Page" (New Orleans, LA)
6. "Manhattan Project" (Phoenix, AZ)
7. "Mission" (San Diego, CA)
8. "Distant Early Warning" (Birmingham, UK)
9. "Mystic Rhythms" (Meadowlands, NJ)**
10. "Witch Hunt" (Part III of Fear) (Meadowlands, NJ)** 
11. "The Rhythm Method" (Drum Solo) (Peart) (Birmingham, UK)
12. "Force Ten" (Lifeson, Lee, Peart, Pye Dubois) (Phoenix, AZ)
13. "Time Stand Still" (Birmingham, UK)
14. "Red Sector A" (Birmingham, UK)
15. "Closer to the Heart" (Lifeson, Lee, Peart, Peter Talbot) (Birmingham, UK)

** These tracks were recorded on the Power Windows Tour

MISSING (ALBUM) TRACKS

Limelight
Prime Mover
Lock and Key
Territories
YYZ
Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

The last three missing album tracks really stand out like a sore thumb.....seems like a brave/questionable move to omit them now given how popular they are, but I guess that's the risk you take and the price you pay for not attending the tour.... both YYZ and Territories do appear on the filmed versions and they also appear clumped together at the end of the next live album; 'Different Stages' on the 'Test for Echo' tour...personally I'd prefer to have all of those ommited tracks and bin Witch Hunt, CTTH, the drum solo and 2112...ducks for cover.

I assume the missing tracks were ditched due to a combination of time constraints, setlist decisions and possibly sub par (by their standards) performances....it's easy to speculate retrospectively and through our subjective, personal bias but 

Here's the Lock and Key performance from the ASOH Laserdisc and a couple of fan videos from the same tour.

Lock and Key (Laser disc)
https://youtu.be/yEcqM_LqucI

Limelight (unknown venue)
https://youtu.be/LfCev9WSJp8

YYZ/Drum Solo/Red Lenses
https://youtu.be/_QEv5xy0VOY
Springfield Civic Centre Massachusetts November 9th 1987
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

I'd have definitely rather that Mystic Rhythms and Closer To The Heart replaced with two from: 
Lock and Key
Prime Mover
Limelight

Jonners

I think they obviously wanted to get the balance between tracks that people hadnt seen/heard before live, but at the same time keeping it a classic Rush Experience. So, keeping CTTH, 2112, TS and of course the yawn fest drum solo.

But, leaving out Subdivisions and Limelight does seem very strange to me

DavidL

January 14, 2021, 11:17:28 am #2963 Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:24:41 am by DavidL
Quote from: Bisto on January 13, 2021, 20:22:49 pmLock and Key (Laser disc)
https://youtu.be/yEcqM_LqucI
Wow! Never seen that. Thanks
Great to see Neil and the Crockett brothers nailing one of the better HYF tracks on stage..cool (has to be said though, that's a horrible noise coming out of that nasty guitar)

Jonners

Really enjoyed that Lock and Key video, very good song indeed and nice to see it live.

Not convinced I would have wanted to hear Geddy do the "I dont want to face the killer instinct" first line on the last tour though.......

Ricky4001

Manic Street Preachers - This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours then Spinal Tap - This Is Spinal Tap

DavidL

January 14, 2021, 14:37:24 pm #2966 Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 14:40:33 pm by DavidL
Quote from: Jonners on January 14, 2021, 11:24:17 amReally enjoyed that Lock and Key video, very good song indeed and nice to see it live.

Not convinced I would have wanted to hear Geddy do the "I dont want to face the killer instinct" first line on the last tour though.......
No, I think he'd have been pressing a button for that one!  ;D
Great backing vocals by Alex  ;D (He should've been a shoe-in for the Eagles job, surely?)

pxr5

Nïckslïkk2112

Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

pxr5

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on January 14, 2021, 22:44:58 pmStravinsky - The Rite of Spring
Love this. I listened to a lot of Russian classical composers when I was younger, due to my old man who played them all the time (along with the 50s musical's tunes). I need to revisit some more classical music now I have more time.