What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 11:12:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky4001

Quote from: zoony on September 14, 2020, 00:17:00 amNo one listening to RUSH recently then?
I was going to watch R30 on Saturday night but couldn't find the remote for the Blu-ray, so couldn't get past the audio set up screen.  There's only 2 buttons on the machine, eject tray and play but neither would let me pass go, so to speak.  Anthem and A Passage To Bangkok came up on my phone shuffle while I cut the grass yesterday.
Wembley 1988<br />Birmingham 1992 x2<br />Birmingham 2004<br />Manchester 2007<br />Dublin 2011 yay!<br />Birmingham 2013

Bisto

Quote from: zoony on September 14, 2020, 00:17:00 amNo one listening to RUSH recently then?
I listened to about 10 tracks on Random play via the Tidal streaming service in the car the other day.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

Straight Shooter

Quote from: DavidL on September 09, 2020, 09:21:35 amLast night's LP was Trevor Rabin's 'Wolf'. Bought on the basis of Geoff Barton's review in Sounds, it's a great hard rocker from 1981 featuring a stellar line up of musicians including: Jack Bruce, Mo Foster, Simon Phillips and Rabbit Bundrick.
Cracking album.
This week's I.C.E. : Trevor Rabin - Wolf  (CD)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Thenop

Miles Davis - on the Corner. Even amongst Miles enthusiasts source for debate. I love it.
Arrogance Is Bliss

Bez

Quote from: Thenop on September 15, 2020, 19:14:38 pmMiles Davis - on the Corner. Even amongst Miles enthusiasts source for debate. I love it.
I do understand that....when Miles is good he's outstanding. Often he's impenetrable....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

captainkurtz

The new Suzanne Vega record again.  Love her.
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

BÖC - Fire of Unknown Origin
Music On  Vinyl re-issue. I'm pleased to say MOV have taken care with this one, sounds superb. Highly recommended.

Jonners

Sig:Ar:Tyr-Northern

Fabulous 1 man band, mixtre of black, death, melodix, proggy extreme metal.

The man is a super guitarist, even if you dont like the vocals
The new songs are an abomination

Ricky4001

Finished off Suede - SciFi Lullabies, Scissor Sisters - S/T, Primal Scream - Screamadelica, Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear, Stone Roses - Second Coming.
Wembley 1988<br />Birmingham 1992 x2<br />Birmingham 2004<br />Manchester 2007<br />Dublin 2011 yay!<br />Birmingham 2013

pxr5

Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You. Caravan really finding their feet with their second release in 1970. It's a lovely record with some nice, softer moments here and there and the whole thing still feels fresh today. They are one of the easier Canterbury scene bands to listen to and recommended if you've never tried this style before.

Ricky4001

Rush - OK in Detroit on the ROIO thread.  Great set list including all of Hemispheres.  Live -Secret Samadhi on the iPod now.

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown