What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 11:12:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

March 25, 2020, 17:36:38 pm #1800 Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 17:38:42 pm by Matt2112
Richard Marx - Emotional Remains

Streaming-only album from 2009 with a couple of Amazon-exclusive bonus tracks!

One of his better albums, because overall there's a definite positive correlation between the quality of his albums and how much distortion there is on the guitars.

However, the thing about Marx's whole discography is that Repeat Offender weighs like an albatross around it, being as it is the best pop-rock album in history, and no-one is ever again likely to approach its genius, which nowadays includes RM himself. :)
The keys to happiness

pxr5

Bauhaus - In the Flat Field (Vinyl)
The Sisters of Mercy - Floodland
Bauhaus - The Sky's Gone Out (Vinyl)

^^ ooo, went all gothy there for a bit (maybe it's all this doom and gloom). Back to 'normal' (whilst trying to fix the canopy over my back door) with:

The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
Pendragon - Love Over Fear (twice, wow - what a great album)
IQ - The Road of Bones CD1 (prefer this slightly over Resistance)

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 25, 2020, 17:36:38 pmRichard Marx - Emotional Remains

Streaming-only album from 2009 with a couple of Amazon-exclusive bonus tracks!

One of his better albums, because overall there's a definite positive correlation between the quality of his albums and how much distortion there is on the guitars.

However, the thing about Marx's whole discography is that Repeat Offender weighs like an albatross around it, being as it is the best pop-rock album in history, and no-one is ever again likely to approach its genius, which nowadays includes RM himself. :)
Angelia turned up on my spotify playlist as I was reading this ! Odd as Hazard would be the only song I could mention from his discography. Might have a listen to the whole thing when I'm in a pop-rock mood!
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Matt2112

Quote from: döm on March 25, 2020, 20:37:35 pmAngelia turned up on my spotify playlist as I was reading this ! Odd as Hazard would be the only song I could mention from his discography. Might have a listen to the whole thing when I'm in a pop-rock mood!
Two of his very best! Surely you know Right Here Waiting, and likely  Satisfied, and possibly Take This Heart.  Pure perfection. :)
The keys to happiness

Bez

Marillion - With Friends From The Orchestra

Very nice
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Thenop

Quote from: Bez on March 26, 2020, 14:08:52 pmMarillion - With Friends From The Orchestra

Very nice
Lovely version of Estonia on that one.
Arrogance Is Bliss

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 25, 2020, 23:05:41 pmTwo of his very best! Surely you know Right Here Waiting, and likely  Satisfied, and possibly Take This Heart.  Pure perfection. :)
Oh yes Right Here Waiting - of course!
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

pxr5

Pendragon - Love Over Fear
The Moody Blues - To Our Children's Children
Echolyn - Suffocating The Bloom
The Flower Kings - Waiting for Miracles

zoony

MARILLION - FUGAZI. My favourite non RUSH album.

Nïckslïkk2112

Social Distancing vinyl:

In the Court of the Crimson King an Observation by King Crimson (50th Anniversary 200g)
Dungen - Live (Phuzzed up Pswedish Psychedelia)
In the Court of the Crimson King an Observation by King Crimson - Alternate Album (50th Anniversary 200g)
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Thenop

2 new NiN albums, free downloads with a lot of new music for us stuck at home!
Arrogance Is Bliss

pdw1

Quote from: Thenop on March 30, 2020, 10:15:58 am2 new NiN albums, free downloads with a lot of new music for us stuck at home!
I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet.

In an empty office today:
Sacred Reich - Awakening
Amplifier - The Octopus
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

pxr5

Kaipa - Kaipa
IQ - Ever
Wishbone Ash - Argus

Straight Shooter

Quote from: pdw1 on March 30, 2020, 20:18:15 pmI haven't had a chance to listen to them yet.

In an empty office today:
Sacred Reich - Awakening
Amplifier - The Octopus
Did the office empty before or after you started playing them?  :P  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

captainkurtz

The new NIN records sound like the soundtrack to the apocalypse....possibly bit the best thing to listen to at the minute if you want to keep your spirits up....

Last night I spun Roxy Music's 'For Your Pleasure' abs UFO's 'Obsession' - fantastic records with fantastic cover art...

Also been playing Pearl Jam's 'Gigaton' - their best since 1998's 'Yield' for me.
Anger is a gift.