What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 11:12:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonners

Its a really good recording and gig.

I said it on FB yesterday, its almost like they just turned up and played, everything seems fresh and exciting, not pre prepared one liners, videos, films, triggers etc
The new songs are an abomination

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on January 12, 2020, 21:27:35 pmDude, that misses out the best one!
Well I'd question that but anyway its all about Neil
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

DavidL

Quote from: Jonners on January 13, 2020, 14:02:24 pmIts a really good recording and gig.

I said it on FB yesterday, its almost like they just turned up and played, everything seems fresh and exciting, not pre prepared one liners, videos, films, triggers etc
As broadcast on Tommy Vance's Friday Rock Show. That was the first time I'd heard LVS. I couldn't get the melody out of my head for days! It was probably my most feverish experience with the 'Pause' and 'Record' buttons on my parents' Hitachi music centre! got it preserved for 'posterity' on a C90 nevertheless! ;D
When I saw it years later, I was always a bit surprised at the video of that gig. Thought it looked a bit like they were playing a barn dance!

pxr5

Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure
King Crimson - Discipline
King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon
King Crimson - Lizard

rufus the dawg

12 maidens by john renbourne.

Cricky what a brilliant guitarist.
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Reg

I surprised myself this morning by saying "Alexa . . . play Counterparts by Rush" (after I had just listened to Malignant Narcissism which had been my latest Rush ear-worm).

I didn't think I would ever listen to it again. I managed up until "Speed Of Love" when luckily I was interrupted. Up until then though, I was actually enjoying it.

Don't tell anyone will you?
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

DavidL

Quote from: Reg on January 14, 2020, 16:07:41 pmI surprised myself this morning by saying "Alexa . . . play Counterparts by Rush" (after I had just listened to Malignant Narcissism which had been my latest Rush ear-worm).

I didn't think I would ever listen to it again. I managed up until "Speed Of Love" when luckily I was interrupted. Up until then though, I was actually enjoying it.

I'm not too keen on Nobody's Hero and Speed of Love. Stick it Out and Everyday Glory are pants but the rest is solid fare. I like Alien Shore a lot. It's certainly as good, if not better than RtBs IMHO.

rufus the dawg

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Reg on January 14, 2020, 16:07:41 pm"Speed Of Love" when luckily I was interrupted. Up until then though, I was actually enjoying it.

!Speed of love" is great

Matt2112

Michel Thomas Method Greek Disc 11/12

Now we've worked through all the genders and tenses in the singular, we're finally on to plurals.  I can now order more than one beer at a time! :D
The keys to happiness

Ali

Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

pdw1

Quote from: pdw1 on January 12, 2020, 21:55:02 pmRush in Rio, Disc 1
finally got round to listening to the other 2 discs of this.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Bez

Lots of Rush this week, mainly on shuffle and in the car....

Today:

Anathema  - Distant satellites
Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa  - Don't Explain
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Jonners

Insomnium-Winters Gate

Easily my favourite Extreme Metal album ever

Seeing them tonight in a tiny venue, cant wait
The new songs are an abomination