What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 11:12:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

On to PT - Lightbulb Sun

Not as strong as Stupid Dream for me, although it has the sublime title track and Wilson's best shot at a single with Shesmovedon....Hatesong  and Russia on Ice aren't too shabby either... 8)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Journey - Departure
Stonewall - S/T (bloody hell! Awesome rock from 1976. Why does nobody know about this?)
13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic World of The 13th Floor Elevators.

pxr5

A Vinyl day today:

• Jethro Tull - Aqualung (Steven Wilson Remix)
  • Gentle Giant - Octopus (maybe my favourite GG album)
  • Rush - Hold Your Fire (I've owned this LP for over 30 years and this is the first time I've played this copy all the way through, haha.)
  • The Cure - Disintegration (Side 1 is epic)
  • The The - Infected (if was put on the spot to name my favourite ever album, this may well be it. Every song is perfect to me. I remember buying the VHS as well, as every song had a music video. When I met my wife in 1988 she had a cassette copy and I bought the CD too - so 4 formats in all. Matt Johnson did well out of me lol).

DavidL

Quote from: pxr5 on December 05, 2019, 15:45:07 pmA Vinyl day today:

• Rush - Hold Your Fire (I've owned this LP for over 30 years and this is the first time I've played this copy all the way through, haha.)
:o You mean you didn't rush( ;D ) to lift the needle, after the first few bars of Tai Shan?

captainkurtz

U2 - Zooropa

God, they were incredible back then...
Anger is a gift.

pxr5

December 06, 2019, 16:30:21 pm #1490 Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 16:37:52 pm by pxr5
Quote from: DavidL on December 05, 2019, 21:45:04 pm:o You mean you didn't rush( ;D ) to lift the needle, after the first few bars of Tai Shan?

Haha, good one. HYF is my least favourite Rush album, so having a real turd on there makes no difference.

I suppose that's a thing about Vinyl, you tend to play the whole side, whatever the tracks are. Unlike digital formats where one can easily skip.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: pxr5 on December 06, 2019, 16:30:21 pmHaha, good one. HYF is my least favourite Rush album, so having a real turd on there makes no difference.

I suppose that's a thing about Vinyl, you tend to play the whole side, whatever the tracks are. Unlike digital formats where one can easily skip.
That's why I'm eternally grateful that HYF was the first Rush album I bought on CD :)

They're also easier to cob out of your car window...
Legend in my own Mind

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

pdw1

Reg

Jean-Michel Jarre : Oxygene Trilogy
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Nïckslïkk2112

Today's black - and white - groovy offerings:

Camel - Moonmadness
Egg - The Polite Force*
Opeth - Morningrise

I made up a yolk about Egg - they weren't a singles band, they were album men. I'll get me shell...
Legend in my own Mind

pdw1

pdw1

Reg

Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

pxr5

December 09, 2019, 12:56:20 pm #1499 Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 13:03:12 pm by pxr5
Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on December 07, 2019, 22:29:29 pmToday's black - and white - groovy offerings:

Camel - Moonmadness
Egg - The Polite Force*
Opeth - Morningrise

I made up a yolk about Egg - they weren't a singles band, they were album men. I'll get me shell...
Great choice. I like Moonmadness (many say it's their favourite Camel album), but I think Mirage and Snow Goose pip it. Despite the cringey joke I'm going to give Egg a play today. It's a tremendous start 'A visit to Newport Hospital', but loses it's way later on. Good album overall though. So far today:

Egg - The Polite Force
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior (what amazing musicians these guys are, especially Al DiMeola on guitar).
Al DiMeola - Elegant Gypsy
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire