What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 11:12:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Opeth - In Cauda Venenum (English) Transparent Orange Vinyl

Maybe it's Stockholm syndrome, but it's growing on me. Fat Freddie's doing some Shenker channelling at times and Lovelorn Crime would fit on UFO's Obsession.
Legend in my own Mind

rufus the dawg

HYF remaster
Presto
TD - Zeit
Jean Michele Jarre - Oxygene....... might buy equinox

pxr5

Van Der Graaf Generator - World Record (Not up there with Godbluff or Pawn Hearts, but a good VDGG album nonetheless).
Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte (Great album, all the songs are good. The opener 'Ace of Wands' is amazing. Good to hear Peter Gabriel's vocals too).
IQ - Resistance (New and just got this. First Disc so far. Hmm, not sure on first listen. Seems a bit samey, but maybe it'll grow with repeats).

rufus the dawg

Quote from: pxr5 on October 15, 2019, 15:18:53 pmVan Der Graaf Generator - World Record (Not up there with Godbluff or Pawn Hearts, but a good VDGG album nonetheless).
Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte (Great album, all the songs are good. The opener 'Ace of Wands' is amazing. Good to hear Peter Gabriel's vocals too).
IQ - Resistance (New and just got this. First Disc so far. Hmm, not sure on first listen. Seems a bit samey, but maybe it'll grow with repeats).
World record is cracking ....Meurglys III, The Songwriter's Guild is brilliant live. The whole album is great.

IQ resistance is my next purchase. It gets great reviews on prog archive

rufus the dawg

Van der graaf Generator - World record.

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

pdw1

pdw1

Bez

Quote from: pdw1 on October 12, 2019, 14:51:23 pmPhysical Graffiti disc 2
In every good double album there is a great single album trying to squeeze out?
Side 4 definitely has some filler, but the rest makes up for that in spades for me.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

captainkurtz

No filler on Physical Graffiti - not every track can be a 'Trampled Underfoot' or a 'Kashmir'.....

Here it's new Magpie Salute - excellent stuff.  Shame the band is now apparently dead in the water and there's been zero effort to promote this at all...what's Rich going to do when the Black Crowes reunion grinds to a halt...
Anger is a gift.

Bez

Quote from: captainkurtz on October 17, 2019, 18:03:16 pmNo filler on Physical Graffiti - not every track can be a 'Trampled Underfoot' or a 'Kashmir'.....

Here it's new Magpie Salute - excellent stuff.  Shame the band is now apparently dead in the water and there's been zero effort to promote this at all...what's Rich going to do when the Black Crowes reunion grinds to a halt...
The Wanton Song? Boogie with Stu?

I haven't even bought the new Magpie Salute....I'll be off to do that in a mo....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%