What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 10:12:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Quote from: captainkurtz on February 04, 2019, 14:15:22 pm
I have it on good authority that Beth is a lovely lady, but I've always found her vocals a bit whiney....not heard that before, but will have a check out...

Currently listening to the Thunder acoustic thing....looking forward to Wednesday's show...blows my mind the first time I saw them was march-ish 1990....blimey.

We opened for Thunder once here in Rotterdam. They were great. Must have been 97-ish around..tour manager was a bit of a tw*t, wanted us to cut it short and hurry up because he wanted to catch the last ferry home.
Arrogance Is Bliss

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Bez on February 04, 2019, 14:03:57 pm
Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man - Out of Season

Was reminded of this a couple of week ago and finally got round to digging it out of the CD racks...great stuff, although only for me and possibly Kurtzy around these parts  ;)

Not quite mate; some of us do appreciate Portishead and Talk Talk  :P

Haven't played that CD for years, in fact just checked my racks and it's missing - jumps from Robin Gibb to Thea Gilmore and no, it's not after Rush either  ;)

You might be interested in these new releases...

Beth Gibbons

Rustin Man
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Bez on February 04, 2019, 14:03:57 pm
Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man - Out of Season

Was reminded of this a couple of week ago and finally got round to digging it out of the CD racks...great stuff, although only for me and possibly Kurtzy around these parts  ;)

Great album, will give it a spin tomorrow.

rufus the dawg

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Bez

Quote from: captainkurtz on February 04, 2019, 14:15:22 pm
I have it on good authority that Beth is a lovely lady, but I've always found her vocals a bit whiney....not heard that before, but will have a check out...

Its pretty old!

This evening It's been :

PT - The Sky Moves Sideways while doing the washing up and kitchen tidy and now:

Rival Sons - Feral Roots on headphones while I check e-mails and tidy up a few work bits....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Jonners

Mastiff-Plague

ARH is going to hate me, but I just dont like it.

I love Metal, and I love very heavy metal, but this just seems heavy for heavy sake. Put it up against things like Hail of Bullets/Asphyx/Bolt Thrower and there is no comparison

Sorry mate
The new songs are an abomination

Bez

Quote from: Straight Shooter on February 04, 2019, 18:58:19 pm
Not quite mate; some of us do appreciate Portishead and Talk Talk  :P

Haven't played that CD for years, in fact just checked my racks and it's missing - jumps from Robin Gibb to Thea Gilmore and no, it's not after Rush either  ;)

You might be interested in these new releases...

Beth Gibbons

Rustin Man

APologies, mate. I forget that there's only a few of us with taste on the board.... ;D
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bisto

Ah..but what kind? ... therein lies the rub!
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

rufus the dawg

Beth Gibbons + Rustin Man - Out of Season

anyone have the Mark Hollis solo album, its meant to be the last Talk Talk album.....but not.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=16969

Straight Shooter

Quote from: rufus the dawg on February 05, 2019, 19:10:03 pm
Beth Gibbons + Rustin Man - Out of Season

anyone have the Mark Hollis solo album, its meant to be the last Talk Talk album.....but not.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=16969

Yes, complete with its 'Formerly of Talk Talk' transparent label. I have no idea when I last played it!

At least I could still find it though, in its place between The Hollies and Buddy Holly  ::)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Straight Shooter on February 05, 2019, 20:48:26 pm
Yes, complete with its 'Formerly of Talk Talk' transparent label. I have no idea when I last played it!

At least I could still find it though, in its place between The Hollies and Buddy Holly  ::)

This looks interesting also -o.rang herd of instinct.

The other half of talk talk

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=34820

pdw1

Feeder - Polythene

A good debut which leads to great things
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on February 06, 2019, 21:21:55 pm
Feeder - Polythene

A good debut which leads to great things

What the poisoning of the oceans?
Legend in my own Mind

The Letter R

Random selection of Sonic Youth on Youtube - never really got into them at the time