What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 11:12:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on August 23, 2019, 21:59:27 pmWhat are feeling about HYF? I always feel that it was the last great album.
It's Shit. LOL.

Last great Rush album was Hemispheres. End of. "Great" is a word that is bandied about too much by people who don't understand the meaning of the word.
Legend in my own Mind


Bisto

It's the last good Rush album...minus the last 2 tracks.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on August 23, 2019, 21:59:27 pmWhat are feeling about HYF? I always feel that it was the last great album.
Certainly not the last great RUSH album in my opinion. As with every RUSH album, there are some cracking tracks on it, in particular Turn The Page.

Nïckslïkk2112

August 26, 2019, 12:10:56 pm #1188 Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:45:16 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
On the old CASSETTE DEKK this morning, inspired by hearing Mikael Akerfeldt on Radio 2, it's:

Rainbow - Long Live Rock and Roll
Legend in my own Mind


Bez

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 26, 2019, 12:10:56 pmOn the old CASETTE DEKK this morning, inspired by hearing Mikael Akerfeldt on Radio 2, it's:

Rainbow - Long Live Rock and Roll
Mmmmm, why bother? I bet you've got a CD and vinyl version somewhere....play it at its best. Life's too short. Great choice by the way...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bez on August 26, 2019, 12:26:33 pmMmmmm, why bother? I bet you've got a CD and vinyl version somewhere....play it at its best. Life's too short. Great choice by the way...
Nope. Only got it on cassette. It came out when all I had was a cassette player.

Since played my KASSETTE of Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols.

Now onto some white vinyl:

Black Mountain - Destroyer
Legend in my own Mind


Thenop

Inspired by Akerfeldt? That was looong time ago for me....
Anyways: good idea, I'll spin by Black Mountain Coke bottle coloured vinyl here
Arrogance Is Bliss

Bez

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 26, 2019, 12:46:19 pmNope. Only got it on cassette. It came out when all I had was a cassette player.

Since played my KASSETTE of Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols.

Now onto some white vinyl:

Black Mountain - Destroyer
Time for an upgrade!
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 23, 2019, 22:57:54 pmIt's Shit. LOL.

Last great Rush album was Hemispheres. End of. "Great" is a word that is bandied about too much by people who don't understand the meaning of the word.
I meant great.

rufus the dawg

EDUARDO NIEBLA- MY GYPSY WALTZ

Probably the best guitarist I have seen live.

DavidL

Tygers of Pan Tang - The Cage. The addition of multi-instrumentalist, Fred Purser turns the Tygers into stadium-fillers....we'll, not quite!  ;D

Bez

Live Porcupine Tree today...

Spiral Circus - back top the beginning and my customary skip of Radioactive Toy.
XMI & XMII - recorded live with no audible audience and broadcast on XM radio. Some of my favourite versions of "mid-period" PT
We Lost the Skyline - Acoustic show from a record store. Partially repeated at the RAH last year on the second night. Love this.
Next up will probably be "Arriving Somewhere"
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Jonners

Morgion-Solinari. Fantastic Metal/Doom/Power . Gutted it cam out in 1999 and I have spent 20 years without it!
The new songs are an abomination

pxr5

Gentle Giant - In a Glass House
Genesis - Nursery Cryme

Sticking with 70s Prog for a while.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Jonners on August 27, 2019, 16:38:06 pmMorgion-Solinari. Fantastic Metal/Doom/Power . Gutted it cam out in 1999 and I have spent 20 years without it!
Jonners - Please please please I need you to open a thread on your Doom selection from the last 20 years. I love My Dying Bride and Esoteric. Romantic funeral doom I guess. There is such a massive catalogue of albums... where to start?