What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 11:12:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonners

Raided the 4.5 out of 5 section on Angry Metal guy, and have come across the following,brilliant albums:-

Morgion-Solinari.  Doom Metal
Avatarium-The Girl with the Raven Mask. Mixture of sabbath/candlemass/jazz. Very 70s feel
Morrow-Fallow. Post Metal/shoegaze/indie feel to it
Hyperion-Seraphicl Euphony.Heavy, fast, agressive
The new songs are an abomination

Analog RH

Spend most of my time at the moment listening to bands I've signed to my record label, or bands who I'm looking to sign. It's been ages since I listened to anything from the past. Underground music is so exciting at the moment, there's so many ace new bands out there.

rufus the dawg

Ali

Man - Be Good to Yourself at Least Once a Day
followed by
Crimson - Collectable Vol.1 disc 2. Live in Asbury Park, 1974
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

rufus the dawg

King Crimson Live in Chicago june 28 - cd 2

Bez

The Allman Betts Band - Down to the River

I've been a fan of Devon Allman for a good few years since seeing him live, with Rascal, at a pub in Finchley. Always puts on a good show, but his studio output is patchy. This is a pretty solid release from his new venture....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bez

Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Servants of the Sun

First listen and some really nice moments...some of it is a bit "whimsical" though...

Jonners

Sacred Reich-Still Ignorant

THRAAASSSHHH!!!

Thenop

If you're after thrash you should really try King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard - Infest the Rats' Nest. Brilliant!
Arrogance Is Bliss

Bez

Marillion - Brave

Not heard this for years. Picked up the remastered version with Blu-ray from Amazon the other day while looking for Clutching at Straws. Good stuff.

Jonners

The two new Opeth Tracks.

Started to get excited, as they sound a little more dynamic/exciting, and a little less like the amps are wrapped in wet cardboard.

But then I did a second listen and got bored.

Why did you do it Michael, why?

Would have honestly preferred them to split up, and him record this new stuff as a solo artist

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Jonners on August 21, 2019, 17:10:08 pmThe two new Opeth Tracks.

Started to get excited, as they sound a little more dynamic/exciting, and a little less like the amps are wrapped in wet cardboard.

But then I did a second listen and got bored.

Why did you do it Michael, why?

Would have honestly preferred them to split up, and him record this new stuff as a solo artist
I'm happy for it to be released under the Opeth banner. He's written nearly all the Opeth canon anyway, so he is Opeth.
I love Metal, so I like the Metal Opeth; I love Prog so I like the Prog Opeth - but not as much as the Metal Opeth.

I grew up a Queen fan, so I was used to one act producing a wide range of styles and I don't think Mikael has let the Quality control slip as badly as Rush did.
Legend in my own Mind

pxr5

Wobbler - From Silence to Somewhere

Very, very good.

zoony

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on August 23, 2019, 16:00:41 pmRUSH - HOLD YOUR FIRE.
What are feeling about HYF? I always feel that it was the last great album.