Legend in my own Mind

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

pdw1

Melissa Auf Der Maur - Auf Der Maur

Jonners

Marillion-Clutching at Straws (Special edition)

Great studio album, and the extra disc concert from Glasgow is just fantastic.

Makes me remember what a genuinely great band this lot were, and how utterly dull they are now, utterly lacking in personality/energy or interest
The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Quote from: Jonners on August 05, 2019, 12:05:08 pmMarillion-Clutching at Straws (Special edition)

Makes me remember what a genuinely great band this lot were, and how utterly dull they are now, utterly lacking in personality/energy or interest
I have a CD by Marillion called The best of both worlds, which has one disc featuring Fish, and the other Hogarth. I have been playing it quite a lot at work on nights, and have been enjoying the Hogarth era disc. That said, it will never match up to the Fish days.

pdw1

Quote from: Jonners on August 05, 2019, 12:05:08 pmMarillion-Clutching at Straws (Special edition)

You really are talking out your arse there  ::)
They have evolved a long way from those aquatic 80s but they are still brilliant... just different

Thenop

I am exactly the opposite. Love the H years, find the Fish years meh. Oh well.

NP:Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
Arrogance Is Bliss

Jonners

Amazing isnt it how music polarises. 

I love the edginess of the Fish era, the Lyrical concepts and just his whole delivery. Yes, I know his voice isnt the best, but what a front man! I just find the H era a bit "magnolia"
The new songs are an abomination

The Letter R

Quote from: Jonners on August 07, 2019, 16:31:46 pmAmazing isnt it how music polarises.

I love the edginess of the Fish era, the Lyrical concepts and just his whole delivery. Yes, I know his voice isnt the best, but what a front man! I just find the H era a bit "magnolia"
I agree with you mate....I've given the H era a go and really just don't get it.

zoony

Quote from: Jonners on August 07, 2019, 16:31:46 pmAmazing isnt it how music polarises.

I never actually got around to buying the Clutching at straws album. Script for a jesters tear is a great album, whereas Fugazi and Misplaced Childhood are both terrific. Apart from everything by RUSH, Fugazi is my favourite album.

Nick

Listened to Clutching at straws on a flight back from Newcastle last night. Superb and Warn wet circles is a real highlight.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

pdw1

Extreme - Waiting for the Punchline

Their later albums are very much under rated.

b.l.o.w. - Man and Goat Alike