Author Topic: King Crimson UK Tour 2018  (Read 483 times)

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
Re: King Crimson UK Tour 2018
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 13:05:48 PM »

Ah ok cheers.

and Liverpool on the 12th.

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 20:24:19 PM »
I came away from the Birmingham concert thinking "I need to see that again, did that just happen" It was a complete assault on the senses. So did you just appreciate it more because you could relive it?
I think the set at Nottingham was paced better. All the Krimson Klassiks were in set 2, the sound was better for me too, it just sounded more live. Perhaps it helped being closer to the front than the night before and being closer to Harrison than Mastelotto. For whatever reason, it all just kicked greater quantities of arse.

I tried to explain what it was like to my wife who loves them but I was at a loss for words, because words can not some how explain it.
I said to Mrs Slikk after Tuesday, that I was sorry, she wouldn't be seeing a show as good as the one I'd just seen. I was wrong it was better. She loved it - even if she did nearly nod off in set 1 - and has a new appreciation for drummers, and Fripps.

There is a really funny (bad way) review of this band playing live from 2015 on the guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/sep/10/king-crimson-review-hackney-empire-london-return
Typical Grauniad - WRONG!
Legend in my own Mind

Straight Shooter

• TNMS Member
  • Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 00:48:42 AM »
No, through the promoter - for Nottingham, Brum and Edinburgh.  Had a quick look and they had second row seats for all venues as well....
I actually phoned ATG, which the Edinburgh Playhouse belongs to, the other day asking if they were going to offer the tickets for half price, seeing as there were plenty available. Unfortunately the salesperson sounded if just a youngster who didn't understand what I was driving at and just said no!

I'm looking for an excuse to do Edinburgh anyway after Monday's forthcoming Glasgow show, so expect a text in the morning Hass...  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Straight Shooter

• TNMS Member
  • Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 21:52:36 PM »
Thanks to Kurtzy I'll be at Edinburgh on Tuesday and saving £35 in the process  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Ali

• TNMS Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »
They were exceptional in Manchester last night, looking forward to more of the same (but with a few set list changes 😉) at the Liverpool Empire tonight....where there are still front row seats available!
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul