AFTK 40th Anniversary Release

Started by The Letter R, October 19, 2017, 17:08:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

captainkurtz

The new artwork is terrible as well.  I love the original cover..
Anger is a gift.

Slim

Quote from: RAY4583 on December 03, 2017, 05:25:36 am
  Just a follow-up here. 
1)    When you claim that, "they" went through the archives, who, exactly do you claim "they" to be?
2)    You claim,  "...all they could find..."  was some unreleased material from the Hammersmith '78 show.  How do you know that's all that was found?  Perhaps more was indeed found, but, this is all that was chosen to have been worthy of use.
3)    Like the bands who recorded cover versions or not, they're certainly, "somebodies", and not, "nobodies".  Just because you may not have heard of some of them, to call them, "nobodies" only shows ignorance.
4)    "Hardly a labour of love"?  Ummmm,...do you know exactly how long it took, from stem to stern, to finally have this box set see the light of day?  Labor?  Most definitely!  "Of love"?  Well,...there certainly must be a depth of admiration, enthusiasm, and passion, to devote almost a year-and-a-half (true labor!) to a project.  Seems to me like this beautiful, abundant, celebrated set was a true, "labor of love", in the truest sense of each word.


Text-book fanboi nonsense.

Nick

Quote from: captainkurtz on December 04, 2017, 00:57:12 am
The new artwork is terrible as well.  I love the original cover..



Agreed, what's with the weird looking kings?
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

The Old Dog


RAY4583

Hmmmm.  Interesting. Well,...I considered your verdict that my reply was, "fanboy nonsense".  I re-read what I had written, and, upon further review, have decided that you're just plain wrong.  My reply included merely questions, or, facts.  My first point was just a question, which has gone unanswered.  Similarly, my second point also simply posed a question, with a logical conclusion.  My third point was a simple citation of definitive ignorance.  And, my final point was in fact, an accurate reference to the time it took, from stem to stern, to put this fantastic package together.  So, "fanboy"?  Sure. But,...aren't you?  Aren't we all?  Isn't anybody who checks in here...who contributes here....who shares or debates here, exactly that?  "Fanboys", or, "fangirls", that is?  So, I won't disagree. I'm a definitive, "fanboy", and quite proud of it.  "Nonsense", though?  Clearly, that's just wrong.   
   I hope this helped...   

zoony

You have a lot to learn about the way TNMS works, Ray 😉. Lots of people have opinions on here that they consider can't be wrong, which means they can't be argued against.

DavidL

Quote from: RAY4583 on December 03, 2017, 05:25:36 am
  Just a follow-up here. 
1)    When you claim that, "they" went through the archives, who, exactly do you claim "they" to be?
2)    You claim,  "...all they could find..."  was some unreleased material from the Hammersmith '78 show.  How do you know that's all that was found?  Perhaps more was indeed found, but, this is all that was chosen to have been worthy of use.
3)    Like the bands who recorded cover versions or not, they're certainly, "somebodies", and not, "nobodies".  Just because you may not have heard of some of them, to call them, "nobodies" only shows ignorance.
4)    "Hardly a labour of love"?  Ummmm,...do you know exactly how long it took, from stem to stern, to finally have this box set see the light of day?  Labor?  Most definitely!  "Of love"?  Well,...there certainly must be a depth of admiration, enthusiasm, and passion, to devote almost a year-and-a-half (true labor!) to a project.  Seems to me like this beautiful, abundant, celebrated set was a true, "labor of love", in the truest sense of each word.
Hope you're enjoying wearing that pendant Ray!  :) ;)

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: RAY4583 on December 08, 2017, 07:10:06 am
Isn't anybody who checks in here...who contributes here....who shares or debates here, exactly that?  "Fanboys", or, "fangirls", that is?

No.

And that doesn't mean that we're "Fangenderneutrals" either :)

Remember Kids: "Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad" and " Old AFtK Good, New AFtK with assorted uncalled for tat Bad"
Legend in my own Mind


Bisto

Quote from: The Old Dog on December 03, 2017, 12:31:42 pm
It really begs the question though Dods why not release the 5.1 as a standalone and not as part of an expensive box set ,which is pissing a lot of folk off so I've heard.I'm certainly not going for this as we already have the studio re release from 2015 in the vinyl format and I'm not altogether that fussed about a couple of extra tracks from a live recording that is available as a roio ,definitely don't want a reprint of the 1978 tour book nor the the tacky ring thing nor the slip mat for that matter.



We all know the answer to that....kerchiiiiiing!




Not interested in the slightest in the cover versions...or the tat....just give us the back catalogue in blue ray 5.1 and 200 gram half speed mastered virgin vinyl and we may still grumble in our boots but we will still pay over the odds for it
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

The Old Dog

Quote from: Bisto on December 15, 2017, 20:37:07 pm

We all know the answer to that....kerchiiiiiing!




Not interested in the slightest in the cover versions...or the tat....just give us the back catalogue in blue ray 5.1 and 200 gram half speed mastered virgin vinyl and we may still grumble in our boots but we will still pay over the odds for it


Don't be daft Rush would never release a decent sounding version if the fanbois are paying over the odds for crap like this .

Bisto

Quote from: The Old Dog on December 15, 2017, 20:56:22 pm
Don't be daft Rush would never release a decent sounding version if the fanbois are paying over the odds for crap like this .



Fair point well made.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Slim

Quote from: RAY4583 on December 08, 2017, 07:10:06 am
Hmmmm.  Interesting. Well,...I considered your verdict that my reply was, "fanboy nonsense".  I re-read what I had written, and, upon further review, have decided that you're just plain wrong.  My reply included merely questions, or, facts.  My first point was just a question, which has gone unanswered.  Similarly, my second point also simply posed a question, with a logical conclusion.  My third point was a simple citation of definitive ignorance.  And, my final point was in fact, an accurate reference to the time it took, from stem to stern, to put this fantastic package together.  So, "fanboy"?  Sure. But,...aren't you?  Aren't we all?  Isn't anybody who checks in here...who contributes here....who shares or debates here, exactly that?  "Fanboys", or, "fangirls", that is?  So, I won't disagree. I'm a definitive, "fanboy", and quite proud of it.  "Nonsense", though?  Clearly, that's just wrong.   
   I hope this helped...


The assertions you refer to here as "facts" are actually opinions. My own assessment of them was also an opinion, but I don't think it was wrong. The term "fanboy", at least as I use it, describes a certain tendency to unthinking sycophancy - which I don't subscribe to myself.

Nïckslïkk2112

Much against my better nature, I bought the vinyl version of this - 40% off at Amazon - just to get the full Hammy O show on vinyl.
I'm so ashamed  :-[


It does remind me of why I loved them on the first place  :)


Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad, Now Rush Dead....
Legend in my own Mind


captainkurtz

Spotted the price reduction...waiting until it drops to £10, like the 3 vinyl 2112...
Anger is a gift.

Bez

Quote from: captainkurtz on January 27, 2018, 23:46:34 pm
Spotted the price reduction...waiting until it drops to £10, like the 3 vinyl 2112...


I'd probably pick up the CD  version for £15, but its still over £30 on Amazon...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%