• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
June 16, 2019, 04:00:10 am

Roger Waters - Hyde Park Friday 6th July

Started by pdw1, October 02, 2017, 21:01:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bisto

June 29, 2018, 01:17:19 am #30 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:39:14 am by Bisto
Youre not wrong!  :( Alas, beggars can't be choosers. I cant get off work to get to one of the other gigs. Also, I've never seen either Rog or Floyd before and this could well be his last tour of this size, and indeed, ever!
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

döm

If anyone can pull it off there it would be Rog.

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

June 29, 2018, 09:54:34 am #32 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:56:16 am by Matt2112
Quote from: Bisto on June 29, 2018, 01:17:19 am
Youre not wrong!  :( Alas, beggars can't be choosers. I cant get off work to get totone of the other gigs. Also, I've never seen either Rog or Floyd before and this could well be his last tour of this size, and indeed, ever!
Quote from: döm on June 29, 2018, 07:18:05 am
If anyone can pull it off there it would be Rog.

Yes, all true, the size of the production should work in your favour to be fair.

It didn't help that when I went there I was dragged by Indie Lass to see bands I didn't want to, like The Libertines and The Pogues and Spiritualized and all that.   It was during the last World Cup, actually, and my frequent pleading to be let out to watch a game were all in vain.  Five long hours I had to endure that day; I ended up watching most of the headliners at a bar in front of one of the massive screens while I drunk and texted distress messages to friends to alleviate my torment.  Woe was me.  :-\

Sorry...carry on.  ;D
The keys to happiness

pdw1

I have been twice since the rebrand, reorganisation, facelift and its not that bad.

I still have 1 ticket if anyone is interested.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Ali

Surprised that no-one has commented post-show yet - I thought it was stunning gig on every level,
so good that I went back next night in Manchester and saw it from a very different perspective...
equally as fantastic!  😁
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

Bisto

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2018, 23:28:31 pm
Surprised that no-one has commented post-show yet - I thought it was stunning gig on every level,
so good that I went back next night in Manchester and saw it from a very different perspective...
equally as fantastic!  😁

I agree....was a bit surprised to have such a long mid set interval at an open air gig and if I'm allowed one personal gripe it woud be the inclusion of the solo material at the expense of more Floyd songs...but it's his show and apart from that it was indeed a stunning gig on every level.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

pdw1

It was an incredible show. I might even put some photos up if I get a moment.
It was good to meet up with Bisto too. Sorry I missed everyone else.

The Letter R

Quote from: pdw1 on July 10, 2018, 00:23:47 am
It was an incredible show. I might even put some photos up if I get a moment.
It was good to meet up with Bisto too. Sorry I missed everyone else.

No worries, glad you enjoyed it - there were lots of people!! ;D

captainkurtz

Enjoyed it, but would have enjoyed it more had people not been up and down constantly getting beers.  fecked me right off.
Anger is a gift.

The Letter R

It's all here if you a spare couple of hours...... ;D  good sound but bouncy footage ( from the small portion I have watched ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCW8-ZWIHw

pdw1

Quote from: The Letter R on July 19, 2018, 08:36:59 am
It's all here if you a spare couple of hours...... ;D  good sound but bouncy footage ( from the small portion I have watched ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCW8-ZWIHw

Probably the same one as you can download here
https://www.guitars101.com/forums/f146/%5Bdvdfull%5D-roger-waters-british-summertime-hyde-park-london-uk-2018-07-06-a-632617.html

There is also an audio ROIO
https://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/roger-waters-british-summertime-hyde-park-london-uk-2018-07-06-a-632429.html