Author Topic: Arsenal 2017 - 18  (Read 1703 times)

döm

• TNMS Member
Arsenal 2017 - 18
« on: August 30, 2017, 09:27:38 AM »
What a clusterf**k
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
Re: Arsenal 2017 - 18
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 23:05:31 PM »
It's only August.

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 10:23:24 AM »
It's only August.

True, it can only get worse! ;D

Red Star

• TNMS Member
  • For I have dined on Honeydew...
    • audit my debts
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »
It makes our opening home defeat to Burnley seem fairly mild in comparison. ;)
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 23:12:14 PM »
Quiet round these parts these days ..

Had a feeling listening to people calling into 5 Live after this evenings PL game against Swansea that perhaps the tipping point is finally coming, and Wenger will go soon. I listened to the game on the radio but just watched the highlights on YouTube. Terrible mistake by Cech for the last goal.

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:55:25 AM »

Had a feeling listening to people calling into 5 Live after this evenings PL game against Swansea that perhaps the tipping point is finally coming, and Wenger will go soon. I listened to the game on the radio but just watched the highlights on YouTube. Terrible mistake by Cech for the last goal.

Your input in the Manchester United thread this season has been equally as noisy...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 10:16:39 AM »

yes the football thread has gone very quiet in general so thanks for your attempt at reviving it!

lots of changes behind the scenes at the Emirates which seem to have the effect of reducing Arsene's control.  The busiest January window we've ever had points to that fact as he's always hated mid season transfers. He may leave at the end of the season if he's not prepared to adapt to the changes.

The game on Tuesday reminded me of the Liverpool game in August where the players appeared distracted and not focused on the pitch.  The incomings and outgoings having a negative effect on the team.  Inexcusable for professional footballers to let this affect them and Arsene has to take the blame.  All 3 goals were defensive errors and the last 2 were absolute howlers.

The transfer window actually went much better than it might have.  There was  a real danger that both Sanchez and Ozil could have just played out their contracts and left for free in the Summer.  Instead Alexis has left and Arsenal got a decent replacement in exchange and Ozil has resigned for another 3 and a half years which is fantastic news.

The recruitment of Aubamenyang and Mikhitarian will do wonders for the club shop! and hopefully they can recreate their Dortmund form with Arsenal.  Probably not where we most needed reinforcing but it could make for some very exciting football ahead.   Top 4 is looking remote with both Spurs and Liverpool needing to have a disastrous end to the season for us to make it.  I think we'll be taking the Europa league very seriously

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 16:24:09 PM »
Nice to see some posts in the football section for a change!

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 11:36:48 AM »
promising start for the new boys.  Real test for them will be next weekend

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 18:32:27 PM »
watching Arsenal is not a fun experience these days. Yes City are a better side than us but we didn't come close to making a game of it. Embarrassing at the back and toothless up front. Very little creativity and poor defensive discipline in midfield. Keepers are not much cop either. This can't go on.

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 21:12:07 PM »
watching Arsenal is not a fun experience these days. Yes City are a better side than us but we didn't come close to making a game of it. Embarrassing at the back and toothless up front. Very little creativity and poor defensive discipline in midfield. Keepers are not much cop either. This can't go on.

Gary Neville was very scathing in commentary....it was hard to disagree with anything that he said....

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 15:46:31 PM »
The trouble with Arsenal now is that they don't seem to want to get rid of Wenger, probably out of respect for what he achieved for them in the past, and it looks like he's not going to call it a day either. Until he goes, one way or the other, they're going to fall further behind the other top teams.

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 22:07:23 PM »
The trouble with Arsenal now is that they don't seem to want to get rid of Wenger, probably out of respect for what he achieved for them in the past, and it looks like he's not going to call it a day either. Until he goes, one way or the other, they're going to fall further behind the other top teams.

If Burnley or Leicester were on better runs Arsenal may not even be in 6th...

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 13:58:21 PM »

2-0 down against Brighton as I type following back to back capitulations against Man City. Wenger in trouble now, I think.

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 20:26:24 PM »
Surely they need a change now?