Author Topic: Glasto 2017  (Read 1297 times)

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
Re: Glasto 2017
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 21:28:26 PM »
Biffy - on paper I should like these, and they give everything, but they just don't do a lot for me.  Watchable, yes, but I just don't connect with them somehow. *shrugs*

EDIT: Mountains...now that is a doozy to be fair.  Yep, like that one.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 21:43:18 PM by Matt2112 »
HYFTOUR30

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2017, 22:26:52 PM »
Okay, the headliner is on.

Now, look...I bear no ill-will to the lad, especially as four songs in he had a horribly out of tune guitar and I actually felt a bit sorry for him.

Let's face it though.  Walk down any city centre shopping precinct and you'll likely find a talent far more innovative and exciting than this guy.  It's just that their lottery numbers didn't come up and this guy's did.

There's little justice in this world.
HYFTOUR30

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2017, 23:32:46 PM »
His guitar was out of tune on about half a dozen songs.  Aren't his guitars supposed to be signature Martins, or something?  Because they look and perform like they've been grabbed from an Argos bargain bin.
HYFTOUR30

Red Star

• TNMS Member
  • For I have dined on Honeydew...
    • audit my debts
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2017, 09:45:43 AM »
Didn't see the Foos as I was out watching a Sabbath trib at a local pub on Saturday night but I did see Nile Rodgers and Chic and thought they were fantastic. As others have said, I just don't get the Ed Sheeran adulation.
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Thailand Express

• TNMS Member
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »
I thought the generational shift regarding pop music had disappeared, but watching the masses of kids getting down to these grime artists I think I must've felt like my grandparents did when Elvis first appeared...

Straight Shooter

• TNMS Member
  • Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2017, 12:37:19 PM »
Having checked the TV schedules in advance, I only recorded the Foos, Barry Gibb and Nile Rodgers.
All still to see at some point.

Glad to have Matt's approval  :P  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2017, 16:58:37 PM »
Having checked the TV schedules in advance, I only recorded the Foos, Barry Gibb and Nile Rodgers.
All still to see at some point.

Glad to have Matt's approval  :P ;)

You now just need to catch Royal Blood on BBC Player for that.  ;)
HYFTOUR30

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2017, 22:19:38 PM »
Bloody hell...Chic are tighter than a gnat's chuff.  Fantastic stuff.  Clearly should have headlined.
HYFTOUR30

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 00:44:55 AM »
Katy Perry - I can forgive the horribly weak, whiny and constantly pitchy vocals (she's not up there for her voice after all), but what I fail to understand is how someone gets away with pop songs of such poor, plasticky quality.  Not even sexy anymore - looks like a chav who's been thrown into a pool of glitter.
Sorry Matt but we can't be friends any more ;)

Of all the plasticky pop artists out there she's probably the best. That's not saying much I know, but at least she has some creative input into her songs unlike say Rihanna or Beyonce who just have their songs handed to them on a plate. The Teenage Dream album is a modern pop classic! Unfortunately I have to agree with you re: the chav bit, that haircut just doesn't work, but before she got a little too liberal with the clippers she was arguably the most beautiful woman on the planet*

*how obvious is my long-term crush on this woman?
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2017, 00:59:19 AM »
But on to the coverage:

Just watched the piece on the extreme metal stage. Is there anything much more annoying than people who don't understand metal music talking about it, screaming, and constantly throwing the horns?
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2017, 09:26:11 AM »
which bands played that stage?
The new songs are an abomination

Battlescar

• TNMS Member
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2017, 12:00:14 PM »
Just back from another brilliant Glasto.

Highlights : Killers, Foos, Dropkick Murphys, Napalm Death, Moonlandingz, Sleaford Mods, Flaming Lips and, surprisingly, Elbow

Disappointing : LG, Rag n Bone Man, Boy Better Know

Spent a pleasant hour in the Earache Express at 2am getting shouted at by the (Feminist) Petrol Girls.  Wanted to get back for Heck and Ho9909 but didnt manage it.   (think there was also Wormrot and Hacktivist among others)  The tube train is a fantastic addition to what is already an edgy corner of the festival.

Roll on 2019
Keats and Yeats are on your side
But you lose 'cause weird lover Wilde is on mine

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2017, 12:56:01 PM »
which bands played that stage?
Napalm Death headlined it I think.