Author Topic: Time Stand Still DVD  (Read 7039 times)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
Re: Time Stand Still DVD
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2016, 08:23:30 AM »

Cheers for the offer  :)  but I've sorted out a couple of pals who also missed out...

No problem at all.

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2016, 17:49:16 PM »
Overwhelming feeling at the end was 'I'm glad they've always been my favourite band'.

disappointed that I didn't make one of those R40 shows.
Just watched it and this sums it up beautifully.

There were some moments that made me laugh (the Argentinian bloke talking about household finances being put in jeopardy whenever Rush tours). Some that made me mad (Neil leaving Alex and Geddy after the final show so there were only two of them in the dressing room). And those final shots of the crowd after the final show finished were heartbreaking.

Very glad I found this band, and that in the 13 years I've had them in my life I got to see them 10 times. Harking back to earlier in the conversation I was at Time Machine for Newcastle and Dublin and Newcastle was incredible, Dublin was pants. The greatest shows for me will always be Manchester 2004 (first show) Sheffield 2007 (utterly jaw-dropping) Newcastle 2011 (for Alex constantly hollering at me when he caught me headbanging) and Berlin 2013 (front row in front of Geddy, and final time)
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Thailand Express

• TNMS Member
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2016, 00:29:45 AM »
Berlin 2013 (front row in front of Geddy, and final time)

That was my last show too. Alex' pick landed at my foot at the end of 2112 and I was so preoccupied in (unsuccessfully) attempting to snatch it, that I missed saying farewell to the band. I had a hunch that that would be the last time.

I too was also annoyed by Neil running off after the last show, I know it's his modus operandi but still given the significance of the occasion it would've been nice to have seen a bit more camaraderie. Maybe the rumoured divisions in the ranks on that tour were not exaggerated?...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 00:31:23 AM by Thailand Express »