Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

rufus the dawg

I which some one would write me a cheque £130 billion quid for an idea with our a plan.

Didn't say that on the bus. 

Dear people of the UK I want to spend £130 billion on an idea but I do not have a plan, but I am quit funny in a toffyy way and a ruffle my hair. What do do you think. ..

Well that's a good idea. What's the idea?

Huh idea. Well pow wow err ummmm well. Make all my rich friends richer. And they will back then to be PM

Well that's a really good idea. I'm in
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Slim

That's a matter of opinion. I think it was weakened primarily by uncertainty caused by attempts to undermine the referendum.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Slim

Just 17 more sleeps until we're out of that shithole!

Chris Quartly

I'm trying to understand the mindset that "leaving" at the end of the month is the end goal vs actually needing to do the hard work which is to make a deal by the end of the year, which is far more important.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Slim on January 14, 2020, 17:19:22 pmJust 17 more sleeps until we're out of that shithole!
freedom, blue passports, £130 billion less well off, remind me which bendy banana law did you not like? Oh that was a lie.

The only shitholes I know are narcissistic liars, blond ones and they are both sides of the Atlantic. I think Boris will have to take it up his shithole from trump to get a a quarter of a decent trade deal for us. King and country he can do it for you slim. All he has to do grow his hair.

I going to love it on the 31st January a those promises are going to have to be delivered. Bloody brilliant. Yes 17 sleeps and its my birthday. Was there a promise of champagne on my birthday, err I mean sparkling wine, crikey I can really take the piss, fun fun.

Nick

17 sleeps and we can start the process of looking to rejoin - marvelous.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Chris Quartly on January 14, 2020, 17:41:46 pmI'm trying to understand the mindset that "leaving" at the end of the month is the end goal vs actually needing to do the hard work which is to make a deal by the end of the year, which is far more important.
I know, I do not understand it myself. And nothing so far as led me to believe that this government is better than any other country at negotiating, trade deals, in fact quiet the opposite we come out looking like fools.

Slim

Couldn't agree there; leaving the EU is the important landmark; the historic moment; the goal and the dream. Can't understand why someone would think that organising a trade deal, which is the routine business of government is of any particular importance from a historic perspective - hard work or not.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2020, 17:51:03 pm17 sleeps and we can start the process of looking to rejoin - marvelous.
there was a brilliant article on the guardian the other day about this, which summed up the UK position perfectly, and said that is what will happen.

Slim

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 14, 2020, 17:49:17 pmfreedom, blue passports, £130 billion less well off, remind me which bendy banana law did you not like? Oh that was a lie.

You really love your straw men, don't you? I assume they give you a nice comfortable way of feeling you're winning an argument. But in reality, you lost it years ago.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Slim on January 14, 2020, 17:52:39 pmCouldn't agree there; leaving the EU is the important landmark; the historic moment; the goal and the dream. Can't understand why someone would think that organising a trade deal, which is the routine business of government is of any particular importance from a historic perspective - hard work or not.
dream, really don't make me laugh, that is precisely what the EU was/is a brilliant trade deal, which countries aspired to copy and be part of. We are out in the cold with less leverage. Yes but of course it will be the "easiest deal in the world" what ever happened to disgraced minster Liam Fox?

All the big issues in the next 50 years are going to involve working together, and we have side lined our influence. Dream what dream, your perception is wrong about the EU. And not once have never given any reasons why we should leave that stands up to any scrutiny.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Slim on January 14, 2020, 17:54:23 pmYou really love your straw men, don't you? I assume they give you a nice comfortable way of feeling you're winning an argument. But in reality, you lost it years ago.
No straw man here slim. All reasons were either given or reality.

I don't care about your petty I win you loose arguments that is very play ground.

rufus the dawg

DavidL

Calm down rufus! You really are getting quite excitable ;)