Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

Quote from: DavidL on August 13, 2019, 20:37:19 pmCrucially, it didn't matter when we were assured we'd be last in line  ;D
Obviously the US administration should have sought your wise counsel prior to making any pronouncements on the subject!
Its one thing to be first in line  (and whether you believe anything coming out of that fake news administration is another matter) but it doesn't mean much if the shop isn't open!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on August 13, 2019, 23:49:01 pmIts one thing to be first in line  (and whether you believe anything coming out of that fake news administration is another matter) but it doesn't mean much if the shop isn't open!
::) Not bad..............but three hours!!

Nick

Basically Johnson is selling the U.K. out to Trump.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Richard_2112

Inflation gone up by 2.1% and the pound is plummeting. All going well I see...
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 13, 2019, 14:19:16 pmAnd if you read it, you'll find some of the "myths" were from the Grauniad.

A lot of these things arise from misinterpretation and semantics and the blog you link to is just a Euro propaganda mouthpiece in itself. Read through the entire thing and  find where the aforementioned blog is called to account for misinterpretation and claiming the D**ly M**l wrote things it didn't.

I won't post sources as they're easy enough to find - and I've only read as far as Bananas...
Then you will be correcting all those false claims that are on the web site.

zoony

Quote from: Richard_2112 on August 14, 2019, 12:38:45 pmInflation gone up by 2.1% and the pound is plummeting. All going well I see...
And how brilliant are things going in Germany and France then?

zoony

Phillip Hammond is a fecking disgrace. Doing his treacherous best to stop a no deal Brexit, because in his words, people never voted for it. Utter nonsense, there was NOTHING on the referendum ballot form that even mentioned a deal, it just said leave or remain. Why can't he just accept democracy? Just like the previous prime minister, he has never wanted to leave, and thank feck neither of them are still in the powerful positions they were in before.

DavidL

Quote from: Richard_2112 on August 14, 2019, 12:38:45 pmInflation gone up by 2.1% and the pound is plummeting. All going well I see...
Yes, disastrous overshoot of target (2%)

döm

August 14, 2019, 14:41:05 pm #3158 Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 14:46:18 pm by döm
Hammond spoke a lot of sense this morning and I'd much rather him in the cabinet than the bunch of rabid nutters currently in charge.  Has there ever been a more right wing cabinet?

And Zoony, prior to the referendum there was lots of talk by the leave side of an agreement with the EU as being "the easiest deal in history". 
An awful lot of talk stating that the UK was more important to Europe than the other way round. Germans selling cars and French selling wine would be desperate for a deal.

There was no talk of a no deal brexit and now just like in George Orwell's 1984, the past is being rewritten.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

August 14, 2019, 16:00:27 pm #3159 Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 16:02:25 pm by Nick
Quote from: zoony on August 14, 2019, 14:16:47 pmPhillip Hammond is a fecking disgrace. Doing his treacherous best to stop a no deal Brexit, because in his words, people never voted for it. Utter nonsense, there was NOTHING on the referendum ballot form that even mentioned a deal, it just said leave or remain. Why can't he just accept democracy? Just like the previous prime minister, he has never wanted to leave, and thank feck neither of them are still in the powerful positions they were in before.
I'm sure if you polled the leavers you will likely find an equally split bunch of people that think they voted to leave with/without a deal. The question was flawed.

Virtually every cabinet minister states they are ready for no deal but of course would prefer to leave with a deal.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on August 14, 2019, 16:00:27 pmThe question was flawed.
Of course! My God, why didn't we realise at the time?
I'm sure the EU could be pressed into providing a more suitable one    ::)

Nick

Quote from: DavidL on August 14, 2019, 16:05:14 pmOf course! My God, why didn't we realise at the time?
I'm sure the EU could be pressed into providing a more suitable one    ::)
Well wasn't it? If the question was posed differently with some foresight then maybe we would have left already, the original question and subsequent campaigning just caused splits at every level. 
Why would we realise the question was flawed when a high proportion of the population had little idea of the complexities they were voting for?. The issue was too complex to try and untangle 40 years of cooperation with. Simple yes/no, check Swiss referendums, they seem to understand how they are best run.

DavidL

August 14, 2019, 16:43:35 pm #3162 Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 16:54:13 pm by DavidL Reason: Addition
Quote from: Nick on August 14, 2019, 16:36:24 pmWell wasn't it?
.............nope! To think that a nation such as ours does not have the politicians capable of extricating ourselves from such a union is a disgrace. They just don't have the will and that's been clearly displayed from the moment they were given 'wrong' answer to a perfectly adequate question. Arrogant b******s (with a few exceptions) who were more than happy to ask it.

Nick

Quote from: DavidL on August 14, 2019, 16:43:35 pm.............nope! To think that a nation such as ours does not have the politicians capable of extricating ourselves from such a union is a disgrace. They just don't have the will and that's been clearly displayed from the moment they were given 'wrong' answer to a perfectly adequate question. Arrogant b******s who were more than happy to ask it.
You can find the answer to disgrace and adequate politicians here..https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBtilyGWPo

rufus the dawg