Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

To be fair, after they factored in the economic upturn caused by a "no deal" the overall figure including tax revenue losses and the fall in house prices, rise in inflation and contraction of GDP was £30billion a year net loss....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2019, 14:16:19 pmSo the OBR now calculates that a no deal Brexit will create a £39 billion economic bit and would cause a U.K. recession (this is not the pessimistic version).

Crazy crazy crazy, and Boris is waving around a kipper and again telling blatant lies.

We are selling our Country down the river.
Based on IMF forecasts - a completely dicredited organisation, when it comes to economic predictions.

Nick

This weeks Panorama is a must watch on the Iplayer..... David Davis is quite unbelievably useless. The EU were just so well prepared and professional compared with the revealing insights we get of the UK gov.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on July 19, 2019, 01:58:22 amBased on IMF forecasts - a completely dicredited organisation, when it comes to economic predictions.
........says the man without a plan.

Have you found that plan yet or are you waiting for a diplomat to give some secret plans you can use!

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on July 22, 2019, 10:17:52 am........says the man without a plan.

Have you found that plan yet or are you waiting for a diplomat to give some secret plans you can use!
Ha, I can see what you did there! Well done, give yourself a treat........woof!

Nick

So the Government is now about to spend £2.1 Billion on preparing for a No deal Brexit that Boris recently advised was "a million to one". Madness i tell you. Could have just used this money from the magic money tree on healthcare/education etc.

döm

August 01, 2019, 17:24:51 pm #3081 Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 17:26:57 pm by döm
Quote from: Nick on August 01, 2019, 17:12:44 pmSo the Government is now about to spend £2.1 Billion on preparing for a No deal Brexit that Boris recently advised was "a million to one". Madness i tell you. Could have just used this money from the magic money tree on healthcare/education etc.
They should just reuse some of the leaflets they had in the early eighties...

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on August 01, 2019, 17:12:44 pmSo the Government is now about to spend £2.1 Billion on preparing for a No deal Brexit that Boris recently advised was "a million to one". Madness i tell you. Could have just used this money from the magic money tree on healthcare/education etc.
The 'panty-wetters' are getting predictably annoyed about this ( ;D ). I wouldn't fret too much about the money, I believe it may be coming from the pile they are currently shredding in the Department for Overseas Development.

Nick

- The Leave campaign said none of this stuff would ever happen. Imagine being slave-minded enough to still be sucking up the lies over 3 years later . Beyond comprehension

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on August 01, 2019, 19:38:14 pm- The Leave campaign said none of this stuff would ever happen. Imagine being slave-minded enough to still be sucking up the lies over 3 years later . Beyond comprehension
The Remain campaign told us we should have experienced an immediate and profound economic shock 3 years ago. Imagine being slave-minded enough to still be sucking up to their lies 3 years later - Beyond comprehension

Nick

Check the exchange rate, 2nd worst performing in the world for 2019. Really there are no good figures published anywhere for a no deal Brexit. I'm not saying that as a remainer but as a fact.

döm

My new British Passport arrived in the post yesterday. Very sad to see that "European Union" has been removed.

Angry and sad to be honest
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Chris Quartly

Quote from: DavidL on July 19, 2019, 01:58:22 amBased on IMF forecasts - a completely dicredited organisation, when it comes to economic predictions.
One assumes if their forecast was all nice and rosey then you would be using them to say things would be all nice and rosey...
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on August 01, 2019, 20:13:14 pmCheck the exchange rate, 2nd worst performing in the world for 2019. Really there are no good figures published anywhere for a no deal Brexit. I'm not saying that as a remainer but as a fact.
Speculation - fact