Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 17:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

rufus the dawg

September 16, 2018, 20:31:36 pm #1905 Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 22:30:56 pm by rufus the dawg
Quote from: DavidL on September 16, 2018, 12:16:46 pm
;D

https://order-order.com/2018/09/14/high-court-finds-electoral-commission-unfit-purpose/


Stuffed full of Remainers, they've not done their credibility much good here. Even arch-Remainer Lord Adonis conceded that the commission had been "extremely incompetent"



umm its a mess and vote leave had an unfair advantage because of this. But I think the judges did agree with electoral commission that vote leave broke the law. So Leave broke the law. Are you know saying the judges are incompetent as well?


It just shows democracy in this country is corrupt. I guess that you want to take back control you will want to rerun of the election with proper fair rules.


https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-independent/20180915/281638191108142

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 16, 2018, 20:31:36 pm

I guess that you want to take back control you will want to rerun of the election with proper fair rules.

I guess we could try that but don't ask the Electoral Commission what those rules are!


;D ;D

rufus the dawg

Can we agree David that the Teresa May deal is truly awful.


Not what either of us want from different sides of the argument.


This is what I want, I want more democracy.


I want a first referendum on the deal or stay in or leave EU. Vote leave did not and still do not have any proper policy. TM seems to have put something forward, although it is with out any cross party support/input, laughable.
I want the Electoral commission to set up clear spending rules etc.
I do not want out side influence from Russia, Facebook and the like. This clearly made Vote Leave's last campaign Treasonous. Aron Banks should be in the tower waiting for some justice.


Most of all I want the politicians to be held to account. IE When Farage dumped fish in the Thames he should of been asked why he only turned up to 1 out of 42 EU fisheries meetings.

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 17, 2018, 11:02:25 am
Can we agree David that the Teresa May deal is truly awful.


Not what either of us want from different sides of the argument.


This is what I want, I want more democracy.


I want a first referendum on the deal or stay in or leave EU. Vote leave did not and still do not have any proper policy. TM seems to have put something forward, although it is with out any cross party support/input, laughable.
I want the Electoral commission to set up clear spending rules etc.
I do not want out side influence from Russia, Facebook and the like. This clearly made Vote Leave's last campaign Treasonous. Aron Banks should be in the tower waiting for some justice.


Most of all I want the politicians to be held to account. IE When Farage dumped fish in the Thames he should of been asked why he only turned up to 1 out of 42 EU fisheries meetings.
Yes, I agree the Chequers deal is a dog's dinner.


You want........to stay in the EU (a perfectly valid viewpoint, of course). An establishment stitch-up may yet ensure you get your wish.

DavidL

September 18, 2018, 20:09:26 pm #1909 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 20:12:24 pm by DavidL
Poor old Vince Cable. And we thought it couldn't get any worse for the hapless Lib 'Dems'.
Pipe and slippers beckon old chap

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on September 17, 2018, 11:27:43 am

An establishment stitch-up may yet ensure you get your wish.



If you think that. Look at the backers of brexit. If you cut them in half it says "Establishment"


Here you go.......



http://uk.businessinsider.com/twenty-one-biggest-donors-to-the-leave-brexit-campaign-2017-5/#21-tessa-keswick-20000-1


Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 17, 2018, 11:02:25 am
IE When Farage dumped fish in the Thames he should of been asked why he only turned up to 1 out of 42 EU fisheries meetings.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And relax. Oh, hold on, I can't, it's one of my greatest bugbears...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd become the UK's biggest remainer if the EU mandated that anyone who actually puts into print Could of or should of should be taken out at dawn, trussed up in a sack and gassed like a TB ridden badger :)
Legend in my own Mind


rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 18, 2018, 21:55:12 pm


I'd become the UK's biggest remainer if the EU mandated that anyone who actually puts into print Could of or should of should be taken out at dawn, trussed up in a sack and gassed like a TB ridden badger :)




oopps, sorry darling. "Should've" :-[ . I know, must do better. My wife also tells me off for doing it. Bloody "as" and "has" I type/get wrong also. Slap wrist.


[/size]yes you are right thank you Nick.......and you better be a remainer now though, I lured you in my trap. Next time I get it wrong you can go back to the brexit side! ;D

Any way I will not tell Brian May, he might get slightly cross with you. ::)

and the fish...any comment?

Nick

Well today went well...not.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL


rufus the dawg

September 20, 2018, 21:11:35 pm #1915 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 21:42:56 pm by rufus the dawg
Quote from: DavidL on September 20, 2018, 20:08:36 pm
It did for some of us  ;)



really, really, really, we are laughing stock. We look totally fecking stupid.


Chequers. Obey EU regulations and have no say in their rules, Join WTO and have no say in their rules.
No deal.  Obey EU regulations and have no say in their rules, Join WTO and have no say in their rules.
Really clever boys.

Any comment on Farage and his fish yet? I guess if I missed 40 meetings I would be sacked.

DavidL

September 20, 2018, 23:53:30 pm #1916 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 23:55:15 pm by DavidL
Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 20, 2018, 21:11:35 pm

really, really, really, we are laughing stock. We look totally fecking stupid.

The government IS fecking stupid. Tell me something I don't know.

döm

Quote from: DavidL on September 20, 2018, 23:53:30 pm
The government IS fecking stupid. Tell me something I don't know.



Bit worrying when in the next 6 months it is going to have to negotiate trade deals with thd rest of the World.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on September 20, 2018, 23:53:30 pm
The government IS fecking stupid. Tell me something I don't know.



What do you want to happen in the next two months? I'm asking because you voted for brexit, what do you want to happen?






Nick

September 21, 2018, 11:50:22 am #1919 Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:52:22 am by Nick
Quote from: döm on September 21, 2018, 08:08:01 am

Bit worrying when in the next 6 months it is going to have to negotiate trade deals with thd rest of the World.

The UK can not expect any new trade deals for years.  The first would likely be with a country with a liberal trade policy similar to the UKs... that'll be Canada most likely.  That would take 2 years.   The rest of the 163 members of the WTO are circling like sharks waiting for the opportunities to take pieces out of the UK economy.   They are likely to wait until we have a new trade deal with the EU to decide what their position will be in future UK negotiations.
EU-UK deal will take years...  likely 6-10 years.
In the meantime Brexiteers are suggesting we lower import tariffs that would devastate the 3.5m jobs in UK agri-foods sector, the 2.5m jobs in UK manufacturing and the 2.2m jobs in financial services.
Any responsible Prime Minister would be begging to take back our intention to leave the EU at the earliest opportunity.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.