Author Topic: Brexit watch  (Read 40051 times)

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
Re: Brexit watch
« Reply #1890 on: September 12, 2018, 20:14:21 PM »

But we dont put cars together shipping parts globally, they are locally (bloc) manufactured.
Once Dyson's got his Electric Cars - Super C5s - up and running, we'll be quids in with the royalties flooding in from the factories in Malaysia!
There's only 22 years before Petrol and Diesel are phased out. We'll be better off for being out of the EU then, as our cars won't have enough range to get there!
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1891 on: September 12, 2018, 20:56:07 PM »

This is the sort of naive Brexit thinking that got us in to this mess.
Just like the naïve thinking that got us joining the EEC :)
If it only existed as a trading block it would be fine(ish) but it comes with all sorts of excess baggage, baggage which was designed to keep France from being crushed under the heel of a Prussian Jackboot.

BMW do not need to leave the EU to sell to every country in the world. Where is this "Global Economy" you are thinking of? somewhere in the Atlantic? Atlantis maybe! very confusing comment Nick sorry buddy.
And BMW would be selling globally if the EU didn't exist. The EU isn't some sort of Panacea, the only Liquid Grace it has is that which is poured down Juncker's throat.

Speaking of Juncker, he's been spouting some bilge today: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/12/juncker-calls-on-eu-to-seize-chance-to-become-major-sovereign-power

Qualified Majority Voting: What a Dog's Dinner!
He harks back to 1913, but can he not see that by trying to bring the peoples of Europe it increases the chance of subsets of those peoples harking back to some Golden Age and wanting to reclaim it thereby triggering future wars.

When we leave we will have to meet the "rules of origin" to export to the EU.
Not insurmountable, buy all the bits from the EU, then send 'em back.

BTW. When we leave we will have to meet EU regulation with out a say and abide by WTO regulations without a say. We will have less say then now.
But exactly how much say do we have now, in the Byzantine nest of vipers that is the EU?
We don't have any say on regulations of all sorts of countries we deal with.

People flock to Theme Parks to enjoy Rollercoaster rides. Let's set our country off on one!
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1892 on: September 12, 2018, 21:56:23 PM »
The EU an institution whose own rules are broken to get the spawn of Satan Martin Selmayr promoted, yet no one gets punished.

https://www.politico.eu/article/martin-selmayr-jean-claude-junker-commission-slammed-over-selmayr-promotion/

The EU which introduced the idiotic "Right to be Forgotten". Do stupid shit, then you have the right to be reminded of it. Only by the way you live your life today can you truly put the past behind you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

The EU where the Euro is mandatory, from Article 3 of the Lsbon Treaty:

The Union shall establish an economic and monetary union whose currency is the euro.

And people think we have an option?

The EU where the Lisbon Treaty is composed like the stereotypical Corporate Mission Statement. Do you want that sir? Do you Sir? Do you?

There's enough wrong with the UK as is without all this shite being heaped upon us.
Legend in my own Mind

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #1893 on: September 15, 2018, 14:51:02 PM »

There's enough wrong with the UK as is without all this shite being heaped upon us.

And the wrongs with the UK are not the EU fault. It is 99% UK governments fault.

They just blame the EU instead of saying we the UK government fecked up. Ie trying to stop cheap Chinese steel.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 17:16:16 PM by rufus the dawg »

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #1894 on: September 15, 2018, 14:57:36 PM »
Just like the naïve thinking that got us joining the EEC :)
If it only existed as a trading block it would be fine(ish) but it comes with all sorts of excess baggage, baggage which was designed to keep France from being crushed under the heel of a Prussian Jackboot.

We were desperate to join the EEC but lovely Mr Gaul vetoed it. So we had join EFTA instead, took us three goes
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 17:16:49 PM by rufus the dawg »

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #1895 on: September 15, 2018, 15:07:31 PM »

And BMW would be selling globally if the EU didn't exist. The EU isn't some sort of Panacea, the only Liquid Grace it has is that which is poured down Juncker's throat.

Yes. But why do we need to leave. We can we sell globally already.

We can sell Globally using the trade agreements that the EU have set up. It is very clear with brexitshit that we can not negotiate. David drunk/lazy/wolly walk Davies proved (spelling?)that. The EU has more financial clout than the UK by itself.

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #1896 on: September 15, 2018, 15:09:41 PM »

He harks back to 1913, but can he not see that by trying to bring the peoples of Europe it increases the chance of subsets of those peoples harking back to some Golden Age and wanting to reclaim it thereby triggering future wars.

?? what???

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #1897 on: September 15, 2018, 15:13:18 PM »

We don't have any say on regulations of all sorts of countries we deal with.

Complete wrong. We have voted against 2% of EU laws since 1999

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #1898 on: September 15, 2018, 15:14:20 PM »
Not insurmountable, buy all the bits from the EU, then send 'em back.

Yes I agree
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 17:15:19 PM by rufus the dawg »

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #1899 on: September 15, 2018, 15:32:56 PM »

People flock to Theme Parks to enjoy Rollercoaster rides. Let's set our country off on one!

I think it will be more Saw the ride than Speed no limits

When Jaguar Land Rover and Airbus leave the UK taking their 55,000 jobs with them. How will the unemployed workers afford to flock to a theme parks. I think you need to have more of a plan than poor Henry 5th retoric

Do the UK have any Roller Coaster manufactures? they seem to to be mostly Swiss or US

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #1900 on: September 16, 2018, 12:16:46 PM »
 ;D

https://order-order.com/2018/09/14/high-court-finds-electoral-commission-unfit-purpose/

Stuffed full of Remainers, they've not done their credibility much good here. Even arch-Remainer Lord Adonis conceded that the commission had been "extremely incompetent"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:22:55 PM by DavidL »

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1901 on: September 16, 2018, 13:27:49 PM »
;D

https://order-order.com/2018/09/14/high-court-finds-electoral-commission-unfit-purpose/

Stuffed full of Remainers, they've not done their credibility much good here. Even arch-Remainer Lord Adonis conceded that the commission had been "extremely incompetent"

This is why the UK needs the EU.  Provides proper managmenent to help overcome deficiencies in  largely incompetent UK institutions  ;D
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #1902 on: September 16, 2018, 16:25:59 PM »

This is why the UK needs the EU.  Provides proper managmenent to help overcome deficiencies in  largely incompetent UK institutions  ;D
Tongue in cheek icon? Laughable.  They cannot be described as anywhere near competent, especially when it comes to ensuring their rules are adhered to by themselves (see appointment of Selmayr to Secretary-General of the Commission)
Some of the most incompetent institutions going are to be found close to the heart of the EU.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 17:15:44 PM by DavidL »

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #1903 on: September 16, 2018, 18:40:14 PM »
You will be begging for rules when the USA chlorine washed chicken and Chinese Camembert arrives on our shelves.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1904 on: September 16, 2018, 19:58:19 PM »
Tongue in cheek icon? Laughable.  They cannot be described as anywhere near competent, especially when it comes to ensuring their rules are adhered to by themselves (see appointment of Selmayr to Secretary-General of the Commission)
Some of the most incompetent institutions going are to be found close to the heart of the EU.

I was talking about incompetent, not corrupt !😉
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!