Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

It's The Sour Grapes Bunch  ;D

döm

Vs the head in the sand bunch!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

döm

Blaming immigrants for all the woes in society is lazy economics and lazy politics.

Germany, the EU country with the highest immigrant population, saw real wages grow by 14.9% wheras those in the UK fell by 10.4%

NeilP

you couldn't make this up

DavidL

Quote from: döm on July 04, 2017, 12:58:39 pm
Blaming immigrants for all the woes in society is lazy economics and lazy politics.

Does anyone really blame immigrants for all the woes in society? It's our leaders who got us into this mess, not immigrants. They just want a better life, unfortunately our politicians continue to promise it for them, here in Europe.

Bill Gates seems to get it:

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/bill-gates-cautions-europe-on-its-open-door-immigration-policy/news-story/69aa93741619820a5e13093ba9c7294e

Slim

Quote from: döm on June 30, 2017, 15:38:29 pm

10,000 is still a huge amount of jobs all for misjudged national pride

The desire for liberty and self-government is not misjudged.

Slim

Quote from: Thailand Express on July 04, 2017, 14:49:42 pm
:o

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2017/07/vote-leave-campaign-director-says-voting-leave-may-have-been-an-error/

OK, so from a remainer point of view - a year ago he was misguided, xenophobic etc, and some time in the following 12 months he woke up one morning far-sighted, shrewd and wise. It's still only one person's opinion either way. And if we subtract his vote from the total counted in June 2016, we still win by a decisive majority.

Nick

July 05, 2017, 19:16:46 pm #1178 Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 20:00:14 pm by Nick
June 2016 is a very different picture to today's economy, we have seen investment drop in the auto industry, a huge increase in the price of goods a weak pound and a weak government. Would we vote for Brexit in July 17 with what we know now? No rational person would.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

NeilP

there will be another referendum I suspect, somewhere down the line... say 2019?

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on July 05, 2017, 19:16:46 pm
June 2016 is a very different picture to today's economy, we have seen investment drop in the auto industry, a huge increase in the price of goods a weak pound and a weak government. Would we vote for Brexit in July 17 with what we know now? No rational person would.
The arguments for leaving remain as strong as ever. The EU may well implode over the migration issue this summer. They haven't a clue. And what of the Greek crisis? Solved?...I don't think so.
Leaving a dysfunctional Union is only irrational if you are a member of The Sour Grapes Bunch.
Huge increase in the price of goods?  ;D

Nick

Somebody worded it better than i "Stronger IN was a good name for the Remain campaign. We WERE stronger IN and we are weaker already on the way out of the EU.

The UK is now the worst performing economy in the EU, the worst performing major economy in the world and has one of the worst performing currencies on the planet. Food costs have gone up by 5% compared to a year ago while real incomes are falling. With energy costs ever increasing, fuel costs on the increase and even low interest rates haven't helped the banks stop lending out their emergency reserves.

And yet some people still think we can buck decades long global trends and try to go it alone on the world stage.

By continuing on the road out of the EU we are committing economic suicide"

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Nick on July 05, 2017, 20:52:59 pm
Somebody worded it better than I

Don't do yourself down Nick!
I'm sure you could have presented a far more cogent argument, using links and sources to prove your point.

Then again you haven't even told us what numpty came up with what you quoted. So what do I know...
Legend in my own Mind

Nick

Guilty as charged, should have used a bus siding.

döm

July 06, 2017, 00:16:02 am #1184 Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 00:18:15 am by döm
Quote from: Slim on July 05, 2017, 17:04:38 pm
The desire for liberty and self-government is not misjudged.

Whose liberty? It's all a charade