Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

Quote from: The Letter R on May 04, 2017, 12:57:58 pm
Quite possibly true but always hard to fully believe a report that has a glaring factual error - states that it will move jobs to other Cities in the 28 Nation Block - surely that should read 27 once we've gone??!.....just saying...

Perhaps Turkey have joined !!!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

The Letter R

DavidL

How did that emoji work?? Can't even reply to a post containing one.

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on May 04, 2017, 14:41:28 pm
How did that emoji work?? Can't even reply to a post containing one.

Had the same issue; think it depends on your browser - Chrome is problematic apparently.
The keys to happiness

Slim

I got a 403 as well, Firefox / Linux

DavidL

I'm using IE and Firefox - both no good :-(

The Letter R

Yes - I can do pastes, quotes and emojis fine on IE but in Chrome I get the 404 forbidden message - I have reported the issue but waiting to hear a solution.........

döm

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/860450562575405056

Interesting Twitter thread to follow here if you're interested...

döm

Slim

I read that earlier today actually, fascinating stuff. Rather tin-foil-hattish though it must be said. Here's what passes for sovereignty - the British people chose, after hearing the arguments from both sides, to assert the sovereignty of their own country. I notice that the remainers here don't seem to have been brainwashed into voting to leave the EU - are the rest of us just a bit more vulnerable to subliminal mind control?

döm

Quote from: Slim on May 08, 2017, 20:28:45 pm
I read that earlier today actually, fascinating stuff. Rather tin-foil-hattish though it must be said. Here's what passes for sovereignty - the British people chose, after hearing the arguments from both sides, to assert the sovereignty of their own country. I notice that the remainers here don't seem to have been brainwashed into voting to leave the EU - are the rest of us just a bit more vulnerable to subliminal mind control?

The article states that only a relatively low number of people needed to be influenced and so were specifically targetted on social media.

döm

President elect Macron talks sense on Brexit...
"Britain must understand that our interest in the medium to long term is to have clear rules. So if Britain wants to trade with Europe it has to choose a model, such as the Swiss, Norwegian or Canadian. We have to accept that there are losses. But it's the British who will lose the most. You cannot enjoy rights in Europe if you are not a member - otherwise it will fall apart. Europe is what has enabled us since 1945, in an unprecedented way, to preserve peace, security, freedom and prosperity in our continent. The British are making a serious mistake over the long term. [Foreign secretary] Boris Johnson enjoys giving flamboyant speeches but has no strategic vision; the turmoil he created the day after Brexit proves it. [Former leader of Ukip] Nigel Farage and Mr Johnson are responsible for this crime: they sailed the ship into battle and jumped overboard at the moment of crisis. Theresa May has handled it but what has been happening since then? On the geopolitical level as well as on the financial, realignment and submission to the US. What is going to happen is not "taking back control": it's servitude."

NeilP

I suspect Cambridge Analytica will be in the news quite a bit this year when the CIA reports, the connections with key players looks suspicious if they are true.... a chilling read I thought

Nïckslïkk2112

May 08, 2017, 21:16:32 pm #1079 Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 21:22:24 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Quote from: döm on May 08, 2017, 20:37:32 pm
President elect Macron talks sense on Brexit...

He doesn't seem to know the difference between the EU and Europe.
Doesn't he know that it was the EU poking it's stick in Ukraine that has destabilised things there?
How's he going to govern France when he doesn't have a proper party?

He's going to reduce public servants by 120,000? In France?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Pledging not to prop up failing businesses? In France?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Legend in my own Mind