Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 02, 2017, 23:02:56 pm
The whole premise of the EU's ever closer union is to ensure that there are no more Franco-Prussian wars. That is the driving force.
Nothing to do with us. We're off. Thank you very much. Why do Grauniad writers hate their country so much?

Yes, they take Juncker's every word at face value, while assuming their own government is lying - classic self-hating anti-patriotism of the Left. The same people who wanted May to guarantee rights of EU citizens immediately back in November have not a single word of criticism for Juncker's "astonishment" that she now wants to come to an agreement on that by the end of June.

Iain Dale nails it:

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/juncker-may-brexit-deal-eu-trust-lie/

I think these useful idiots of the EU in the media are probably helping to hoover in more Conservative votes, because the average man or woman in the street takes their own country's side. Whereas one suspects that the clown who wrote that Guardian piece wants nothing more than to spend his life on his knees with a foreigner's penis in his mouth.

Bez

Financial Times estimating that the bill to exit the EU could now reach 100 Billion Euro....good this isn't it...

RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

"We will not be paying €100bn" - David Davis

It's just one word against another.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 03, 2017, 12:40:24 pm
"We will not be paying €100bn" - David Davis

It's just one word against another.

Indeed...the problem is that our bargaining position is nowhere near as strong as the theirs...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

I didn't realise there was a leaving clause when we joined...What a load of bollocks! Why should we have to pay a penny to leave?

Nick

We are not paying to leave we are settling our account (sum to be finalised). We will certainly be paying to leave in the long run.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on May 03, 2017, 18:27:32 pm
We are not paying to leave we are settling our account (sum to be finalised). We will certainly be paying to leave in the long run.
Ooh, come on now Jean-Claude, I'm on my knees; just unzip yourself and I know I can make you treat us nicely!

Nick

Quote from: DavidL on May 03, 2017, 19:58:25 pm
Ooh, come on now Jean-Claude, I'm on my knees; just unzip yourself and I know I can make you treat us nicely!

The shafting Boris and co. have given you will be far more distasteful.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Nick on May 03, 2017, 18:27:32 pm
We are not paying to leave we are settling our account (sum to be finalised).

Settling our account my arse. We're leaving. End Of.
As net contributors we've more than paid our share and we're entitled to a share of any joint assets built up during our membership. I'm sure we'll have a share in a fine wine cellar - if Juncker's left any.

I dare say as things won't all be plain sailing in the years to come, but we're well out of a club that has free trade between members - for a fee, like Dude WTF?
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on May 03, 2017, 20:14:51 pm

The shafting Boris and co. have given you will be far more distasteful.
Styx - Crystal Ball

The Letter R

I am starting to think we are best saving ourselves 2 years of BS negotiations that look likely to go nowhere. Why not leave in June on WTO terms - we can start then negotiating straight away with Countries outside of the EU.........just an idea...?

DavidL

300 jobs to be created in the steel industry by Liberty House's £20m investment in South Yorkshire.
Manufacturing in the UK is at a 3yr high. OECD reports the UK is attracting more foreign investment than any other european country.

DavidL

Quote from: The Letter R on May 04, 2017, 09:26:44 am
I am starting to think we are best saving ourselves 2 years of BS negotiations that look likely to go nowhere. Why not leave in June on WTO terms - we can start then negotiating straight away with Countries outside of the EU.........just an idea...?
A very good one, if only because it would infuriate the eurocrats!

döm

Quote from: DavidL on May 04, 2017, 11:46:07 am
300 jobs to be created in the steel industry by Liberty House's £20m investment in South Yorkshire.
Manufacturing in the UK is at a 3yr high. OECD reports the UK is attracting more foreign investment than any other european country.

Good news and well needed if all those city banking positions end up moving to Europe...

http://fortune.com/2017/05/04/jpmorgan-brexit-exodus-europe-banking/
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

The Letter R

Quite possibly true but always hard to fully believe a report that has a glaring factual error - states that it will move jobs to other Cities in the 28 Nation Block - surely that should read 27 once we've gone??!.....just saying...