Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 17:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Quote from: NeilP on March 29, 2017, 16:39:57 pm

Ironically,  Pete North is a Brexiter btw
Good man, every vote counted

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on March 29, 2017, 19:44:15 pm
Brexiteers have nowhere left to hide and they are now unable to make crap up and hope it's real because Project Fear becomes PROJECT FACT today!
We should really try to channel Remoaner rage into some alternative new environmentally-friendly energy source

Nïckslïkk2112

Brexiteers have nowhere left to hide and they are now unable to make crap up and hope it's real because Project Fear becomes PROJECT FACT today!

Project FEAR is, was and always shall be Project BULLSHIT.

There are so many variables in the world - yes, it's a global thing - that in five years time nobody will have a clue as to what is really responsible for what.

It'll be hard going along the way, but that's what you expect when career politicians are involved. Sit back, relax and have a nice cup of tea :)
Legend in my own Mind

Nick

I'll settle for an espresso.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Slim

No, Project Fear becomes Project Rejected and Forgotten Empty Threats.

No need to hide or make anything up, nor the slightest inclination to apologise for wanting to live in a self-governing nation with control of its own laws and borders.

We dared to dream, we outnumbered the sheep, we won.

Nïckslïkk2112

The EU have to be nice to us.
Article 8  of the Lisbon Treaty

1. The Union shall develop a special relationship with neighbouring countries, aiming to establish an area of prosperity and good neighbourliness, founded on the values of the Union and characterised by close and peaceful relations based on cooperation.

2. For the purposes of paragraph 1, the Union may conclude specific agreements with the countries concerned. These agreements may contain reciprocal rights and obligations as well as the possibility of undertaking activities jointly. Their implementation shall be the subject of periodic consultation.
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

March 31, 2017, 00:12:09 am #921 Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:04:41 am by DavidL
Oh dear. Alastair Campbell on This Week says he believes Brexit will be halted and an increasing number wish this to happen, in spite of no evidence that this is the case. Andrew Neil, obviously having to tread carefully, accuses him only of being delusional - quite merciful.
Portillo does a brilliant job of reminding him what a mess the EU have created in the name of federalism.

döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on March 31, 2017, 00:12:09 am
Oh dear. Alastair Campbell on This Week says he believes Brexit will be halted and an increasing number wish this to happen, in spite of no evidence that this is the case. Andrew Neil, obviously having to tread carefully, accuses him only of being delusional - quite merciful.
Portillo does a brilliant job of reminding him what a mess the EU have created in the name of federalism.

Yes, saw that.  I must say since way back when I took a rather juvenile satisfaction in seeing the smug smile wiped of Portillo's face after his election defeat, he's grown exponentially in my estimations.  Talks with a great deal of clarity and sense.
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

The EU showing its downright nastiness with it saying that any decisions concerning Gibraltar will be run by the Spanish Government.
I thought the 27 were supposed to be acting as one?
Duplicitousness, deceit and speaking with forked-tongues. That's the EU for you.
Legend in my own Mind

NeilP

Perhaps the PM should have included them in her letter then?

Gibraltar's MEP, Clare Moody, claimed Theresa May's failure to mention Gibraltar in her article 50 letter, notifying the EU of the UK's intention to leave, had emboldened the Spanish and signalled that London was not affording the territory the same importance in Brexit talks as Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Moody, who has represented Gibraltar in the European parliament since 2014, said: "It is appalling, and an example of the carelessness with which the government are handling these negotiations overall."

Nick

Quote from Tim Fallon after Michael Howard suggested the PM may go to war over Gibraltar.

"It is unbelievable that within a week of triggering article 50 there are Conservatives already discussing potential wars with our European neighbours.

"In only a few days the Conservative right are turning long term allies into potential enemies. I hope this isn't a sign of the government's approach to the long negotiations to come."

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on April 02, 2017, 16:09:27 pm
Quote from Tim Fallon after Michael Howard suggested the PM may go to war over Gibraltar.

"It is unbelievable that within a week of triggering article 50 there are Conservatives already discussing potential wars with our European neighbours.

"In only a few days the Conservative right are turning long term allies into potential enemies. I hope this isn't a sign of the government's approach to the long negotiations to come."
If you meant Tim Farron, I'm unsurprised that he wouldn't have the stomach to defend British territory. The Falklands would have been handed to the Argies on a plate if he'd been in charge - snivelling little shit. There's no doubt that the EU made a blatant attempt to be provocative towards the UK over Gibraltar.

Nick

Gibraltar is provocative enough for Spain, do you really think going to war with Spain is in any way a sensible option? Or as Michael Howard so eloquently put it "another Spanish speaking country"!!

NeilP