Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 17:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

döm

I thought Ted Heath was
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on March 21, 2017, 21:58:11 pm
Apocalypse my arse.

Inflation's back to about where it should be. The pound's about where it should be.

Who really wants to belong to a club which punishes those that want to leave?
Exactly. They also seem to think that the UK leaving the EU will be dependent on a vote by their Parliament! Deluded lunatics.

Bez

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on March 21, 2017, 21:58:11 pm
Apocalypse my arse.

Inflation's back to about where it should be. The pound's about where it should be.

Who really wants to belong to a club which punishes those that want to leave?

Mmmmm currently 2.3% (and rising - forecast to go to 2.8% later this year, my bet is that it will go higher than that as retailers start to pass on the increase costs caused by the collapse in the value of the pound ) where the BoE's preferred rate is 2%.

Any gains from salaries rising will soon be wiped out and we'll all be getting poorer in relative terms - bear in mind that public sector pay rises are still pegged to 1%

I was chatting to a "Brexiteer" who had returned from a weekend away in Amsterdam and was complaining bitterly about the cost of beer and food. I nearly pissed myself at the irony... ;D
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on March 22, 2017, 08:45:50 am

I was chatting to a "Brexiteer" who had returned from a weekend away in Amsterdam and was complaining bitterly about the cost of beer and food. I nearly pissed myself at the irony... ;D
You can pay to watch someone do that, in Amsterdam...apparently. That too, is ironic  ;)

NeilP

DavidL

March 22, 2017, 12:03:36 pm #861 Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:08:54 pm by DavidL
Quote from: NeilP on March 22, 2017, 11:17:44 am
As well as the non comments on post #831 on the previous page.... this one should be get some folk alarmed

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/22/uk-based-airlines-told-to-move-to-europe-after-brexit-or-lose-major-routes?CMP=fb_gu
Looks to me like another quid pro quo situation that would sensibly require compromise in order to lessen the negative consequences on both sides.
The good old Guardian will continue to talk down the UK's prospects until long after anyone is reading. Afterall, less are following their tribe. I most like the statement beneath this article begging for financial support  ;D

NeilP

NeilP

Slim

Quote from: NeilP on March 22, 2017, 11:17:44 am
As well as the non comments on post #831 on the previous page.... this one should be get some folk alarmed

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/22/uk-based-airlines-told-to-move-to-europe-after-brexit-or-lose-major-routes?CMP=fb_gu

Alarmism has pretty much been the modus operandi of the remainers thus far, and now of those who want our exit from the EU to be fudged. No surprises here.

DavidL

Nïckslïkk2112

Europeans really do not understand the concept of "Free Markets". It seems they only become available if you pay up to join the club.
I'm sure our negotiators will put them right :)
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

So, the trade benefits of the EU Single Market are illusory. Reported on the BBC even.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39356664

Countries trading with the EU on WTO rules fared better than us. Perhaps UK companies are shit at selling themselves, who knows.
Legend in my own Mind

döm

so imposing tariffs such as these on trade with the EU is going to improve things....

Brilliant - can't wait !

döm