Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: döm on March 13, 2017, 13:30:40 pm
It wasn't on the ballot paper and there was so much nonsense spoken on both sides, who knew what to believe?

I did .. if you didn't, commiserations!

The "not on the ballot paper" thing is not really an argument - neither for example were the extended devolution guarantees announced before the Scottish Independence referendum. But you'd hardly expect the government just to bin them and pretend they never happened, would you?

Slim

And both amendments have been kicked into touch.

I rather suspect that the House of Lords will throw in the towel now, and that folks, was the last realistic hope for the Remoaners to obstruct the Will of the British People.

Commiserations to those of you on the wrong side of history. The good guys have won.

NeilP

NeilP

Quote from: DavidL on March 13, 2017, 13:22:23 pm

Reports suggest that Ukranians will be granted visa-free travel by the end of June. The EU has been schmoozing with Ukraine for months (antagonizing Russia in the process)

stop reading the Express then :-[

NeilP

Quote from: DavidL on March 13, 2017, 17:49:50 pm
You have to agree that it's a pretty big accomplishment for a man without a seat in The House, from a party with one MP to dictate the direction of travel for a sitting government with a majority..........not to be sniffed at. Telling the truth is a powerful tool.

I suspect that one day the history books will reveal that both Farage and his mate Arron Banks are puppets of Putin

DavidL

Quote from: NeilP on March 13, 2017, 20:26:54 pm

I suspect that one day the history books will reveal that both Farage and his mate Arron Banks are puppets of Putin
That's another exciting future revelation to look out for then, along with the success or failure of Brexit and whether we'll finally get to see the back of the 'sweaties' - what a thrilling political era we've been fortunate to be part of!

DavidL

Quote from: Slim on March 13, 2017, 19:57:04 pm

I rather suspect that the House of Lords will throw in the towel now, and that folks, was the last realistic hope for the Remoaners to obstruct the Will of the British People.

Commiserations to those of you on the wrong side of history. The good guys have won.
Good news.  :)

NeilP

Quote from: DavidL on March 13, 2017, 20:35:29 pm
That's another exciting future revelation to look out for then, along with the success or failure of Brexit and whether we'll finally get to see the back of the 'sweaties' - what a thrilling political era we've been fortunate to be part of!

there's a few clues out there already, I just hope that when/if the POTUS is rumbled... the acolytes will follow suit rapidly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11666944/Ukip-under-fire-after-blocking-scrutiny-of-party-donations.html

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/ex-mi5-spy-do-mr-and-mrs-banks-have-something-to-tell-us/

döm

Quote from: Slim on March 13, 2017, 19:57:04 pm

Ah no resorting to Katie Hopkins rhetoric, please!

And no history book has been written before the event happened!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

NeilP

Quote from: DavidL on March 13, 2017, 15:36:17 pm
Good news from Vodafone -

http://news.sky.com/story/vodafone-to-creates-2100-jobs-in-uk-economy-investment-10800354

is the the pro remain EU Vodafone who haven't ruled out relocating the London HQ to mainland Europe in the wake of the UK leaving EU?

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: NeilP on March 13, 2017, 12:58:43 pm
and if you believe Russia are impotent and non influential then you sound somewhat naive?

Occasionally gullible, often faux naif, but the Russkies would have to be a nation of miracle workers to keep fooling enough of the people enough of the time. If the CIA in the mighty USofA couldn't get rid of Castro, what chance a Russian takeover of the world?

It's symptomatic of people today to think that if something goes against them then it has to be someone else's fault. Very few people seem to realise that you can't always have everything your own way.
I doubt if most Brexiteers realised they were saving Britain's Protestant heritage by voting to leave the EU, but hey-ho, victory by default :)

http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=conspiracy
Legend in my own Mind