Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DavidL


DavidL

March 10, 2017, 23:38:44 pm #736 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 23:44:25 pm by DavidL

NeilP

we've not stopped paying £350M p/w I believe?

DavidL

Quote from: NeilP on March 11, 2017, 21:10:27 pm
we've not stopped paying £350M p/w I believe?
Unfortunately not

NeilP

I've a sneaky feeling that Putin might have influenced the Referendum tbh or am I just paranoid?

Nïckslïkk2112

Paranoia. I think people are ascribing too much influence to Putin.

Unless Putin's angling for Russia to take our place...
Legend in my own Mind


NeilP

Just odd that Farage was spotted leaving the Ecuadorian Embassy in London this week, presumably to see Assange.... just an hour or so before the latest Wikileaks dump regarding the CIA and MI5. Weekend before last he just happened to be with the POTUS at a secret dinner .... all a little odd?


https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/03/09/fox-news-ignores-contributor-nigel-farage-s-mysterious-trip-ecuadorian-embassy/215620


http://ijr.com/2017/02/810965-trump-ditched-the-press-to-have-dinner-heres-how-the-president-acts-when-no-one-is-watching/




NeilP

Putin would clearly like to see the break up of the EU and might fancy annexing a few former Soviet countries?

döm

March 12, 2017, 20:46:00 pm #743 Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 21:05:15 pm by döm
Farage is definitely odd but that does look pretty suspicious.


I love the way the "will of the people" tm The Daily Mail and the will of Theresa May are now seemingly indistinguishable!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Slim

Well to be fair Theresa does seem intent on providing the people with the clean Brexit they voted for, so I can't argue with that.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: NeilP on March 12, 2017, 20:07:26 pm
Just odd that Farage was spotted leaving the Ecuadorian Embassy in London this week, presumably to see Assange.... just an hour or so before the latest Wikileaks dump regarding the CIA and MI5. Weekend before last he just happened to be with the POTUS at a secret dinner .... all a little odd?

A secret dinner that was photographed and in all the papers. Very secret.

Putin's in charge of a country that can barely keep its flagship aircraft carrier in operational condition, yet that same country supposedly has the ability to influence electoral results in two of the world's greatest democracies. Hmmmm...

One absolute fact is that EU meddling in Ukraine has been a huge destabilising influence in Eastern Europe. The EU which contains such fascist countries as Holland.
Legend in my own Mind


DavidL

Seems like the Remoaners are now becoming paranoid conspiracy theorists  ;D
It's all tremendous fun!  :)

döm

Quote from: Slim on March 12, 2017, 21:13:50 pm
Well to be fair Theresa does seem intent on providing the people with the clean Brexit they voted for, so I can't argue with that.



The referendum provided no information on how Brexit would happen, what form it would take. May is deciding all that by herself and is asking the parliament not to intervene.


Distinctly undemocratic
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Slim

Quote from: döm on March 12, 2017, 22:13:03 pm

The referendum provided no information on how Brexit would happen, what form it would take. May is deciding all that by herself and is asking the parliament not to intervene.


Distinctly undemocratic


The result of the referendum requires the UK to leave the EU. She's simply doing that properly, not half-heartedly or by mere technicality. She must of course ensure that we leave the single market as that was promised by both sides in the event of a decision to leave. Britain will be out of the EU, that's the form it will take.

döm

The Tory manifesto made a form comimmtment to remain in the single market.  There was a whole heap of stuff said in the lead up to the referendum including plenty of indication that the UK could remain in the single market so that line really doesn't hold water.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!