Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Nick on January 15, 2017, 14:01:37 pm
Rumblings of turning the UK into some kind of European tax haven. I really hope that's not the plan.

If it puts the Kibosh on Jean-Claude Juncker's Luxembourg then that's a good thing, especially if we're open and above board about it all :)
Legend in my own Mind

NeilP

Hard Brexit and UK a tax haven then... should have put that message on the bus. If anyone is going abroad soon, they might want to buy some foreign currency before that speech by TM, the pound has tanked enough since last summer

DavidL

Quote from: NeilP on January 16, 2017, 03:00:29 am
Hard Brexit and UK a tax haven then... should have put that message on the bus. If anyone is going abroad soon, they might want to buy some foreign currency before that speech by TM, the pound has tanked enough since last summer
"We're doomed"   ;D ;)

döm

So after the enlightening phrases  "Brexit means Brexit" and a "Red White and Blue Brexit", what can we expect from tomorrow...

Brexit is as Brexit Does?

Ready Brexit?

A Right Royal Brexit?
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Trump boy is going to give us a trade deal as soon as he gets in the hot seat. Good lad. EU my arse.

döm

Quote from: zoony on January 17, 2017, 03:40:09 am
Trump boy is going to give us a trade deal as soon as he gets in the hot seat. Good lad. EU my arse.

He can't. Not until the UK completes its exit from the EU.

DavidL

Quote from: döm on January 17, 2017, 08:06:33 am

He can't. Not until the UK completes its exit from the EU.
'Signature ready' for March 2019 - hopefully.

Nick

Quote from: zoony on January 17, 2017, 03:40:09 am

We already have a trade deal with the USA. Post Trump watch out for imported chlorine dipped chickens, lower standards on just about everything and the 20% increase in the price of imported raw materials should see any UK manufactured goods rendered noncompetitive. I suppose we can be more lapse about the impact of global warming as Trump doesn't see it as a problem.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

NeilP

Why would anyone believe Trump ffs, most of what he says is lies?

DavidL

January 17, 2017, 09:17:54 am #446 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:24:43 am by DavidL
Quote from: Nick on January 17, 2017, 08:45:56 am

We already have a trade deal with the USA. Post Trump watch out for imported chlorine dipped chickens, lower standards on just about everything and the 20% increase in the price of imported raw materials should see any UK manufactured goods rendered noncompetitive. I suppose we can be more lapse about the impact of global warming as Trump doesn't see it as a problem.
"Always look on the bright side of life"  ;D

döm

Quote from: DavidL on January 17, 2017, 09:17:54 am
"Always look on the bright side of life"  ;D

Unfortunately not Eric Idle won't be participating in the inauguration

DavidL

January 17, 2017, 11:21:40 am #448 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:22:45 pm by DavidL

A few days after Mark Carney's (bullshitter) volte face, I see the IMF (bullshitters) have revised UK growth upwards  from 0.4% to 1.5%
;D

Slim

Quote from: Slim on January 15, 2017, 13:18:05 pm
Compare this with the assurance, boldly and unambiguously stated before the referendum by members of the government, both then and now, that a successful Leave vote would mean the UK leaving the single market. Now THAT, in contrast, is unambiguously a promise.

And Theresa has just made this very point in her speech! Superb.