Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 17:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus the dawg and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bez

Quote from: DavidL on December 22, 2016, 07:14:29 am
Most of our atrocities were perpetrated by our own citizens - not those invited into the country as 'refugees'.

It gets 'better'. He's a convicted criminal who served four years in Italy for arson. There's culpability everywhere you look - as if it's not horrific enough for the families of the victims.
Keep your heads in the sand. Keep laying the wreaths and attending the candle-lit vigils. Meanwhile IS continue to laugh at the stupid Europeans.
Schengen should help them catch up with him  >:(

.....and your solution is ?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Slim

Quote from: döm on December 21, 2016, 23:35:44 pm
It doesn't matter that  EU laws are often better thought out and designed than UK ones.  All that matters is that the UK makes its own rules even if the general population is worse off as a result.

That's genuinely absolutely correct, because whether laws are "better thought out and designed" is a subjective judgement best left to those who are governed by them.

DavidL

The ONS reports the UK economy has grown faster than predicted in the three months after the referendum.

DavidL

Slim

Jacob Rees-Mogg nails the hypocrisy of the Remoaners. Scintillating speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCruskU8_Jw

NeilP

Quote from: DavidL on December 23, 2016, 17:54:34 pm
BOE 'chief Brexit bullshitter' under pressure:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-4059586/MPs-probe-Bank-England-s-monetary-policy-record-low-rates.html

was about to read it then noticed it was the author was City and Finance reporter of the Daily Mail, I do wonder where Dacre stands on EU? ::)

DavidL

Quote from: NeilP on December 24, 2016, 10:47:26 am

was about to read it then noticed it was the author was City and Finance reporter of the Daily Mail, I do wonder where Dacre stands on EU? ::)
But it is a fact

Moving Target

Santa brought me Ken Clarke's autobiography Kind of Blue.  It's a quick and engrossing read. 

döm

Quote from: Moving Target on December 28, 2016, 14:28:22 pm
Santa brought me Ken Clarke's autobiography Kind of Blue.  It's a quick and engrossing read.

I got Five on Brexit Island. Looking forward to it!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on December 28, 2016, 18:26:06 pm
I got Five on Brexit Island. Looking forward to it!
I got Flying Free - Nigel Farage (cue 'bog paper' jokes  ;) )

DavidL

FTSE 100 hit a record high at today's close. Great for pension funds.

döm

Quote from: DavidL on December 28, 2016, 20:38:48 pm
I got Flying Free - Nigel Farage (cue 'bog paper' jokes  ;) )

No wouldn't dare to judge without reading it! I do wonder which of the 2 is a better work of fiction and/or comedy though!

NeilP

Quote from: DavidL on December 28, 2016, 20:41:35 pm
FTSE 100 hit a record high at today's close. Great for pension funds.

we haven't left yet