Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

döm

Quote from: DavidL on December 16, 2016, 02:09:33 am
That's sad for those who wil lose their jobs. Terrible biscuits though, has to be said ......and that's official  ;)


http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/01/21-british-biscuits-ranked-from-worst-to-best-the-definitive-list-5224653/



That's shocking! Nice biscuits should be much higher up the list. (Was never a fan of those pink wafers though, I have to admit).


Apart from that the ranking is a traversty!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on December 16, 2016, 08:28:35 am

That's shocking! Nice biscuits should be much higher up the list. (Was never a fan of those pink wafers though, I have to admit).


Apart from that the ranking is a traversty!
As a committed eurosceptic, I proudly admit that neither the Viennese Whirl or the Viennese Sandwich have ever found their way into my biscuit barrel (and 'Nice' means pleasant... not a poncey seaside resort in France)  ;)

döm

Quote from: DavidL on December 16, 2016, 09:48:36 am
As a committed eurosceptic, I proudly admit that neither the Viennese Whirl or the Viennese Sandwich have ever found their way into my biscuit barrel (and 'Nice' means pleasant... not a poncey seaside resort in France)  ;)



Typical eurosceptic spin!  And I'd much rather be in Nice than Skegness or Blackpool!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL


Nïckslïkk2112

December 16, 2016, 12:01:02 pm #349 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:04:53 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Quote from: döm on December 16, 2016, 11:26:54 am

Typical eurosceptic spin!  And I'd much rather be in Nice than Skegness or Blackpool!

At least Skeg Vegas has a Sandy beach, not like the bum numbing, foot aching pebbles of Nice. The inhabitants speak a form of English too...
I'd like to send the people who go to Skeggy to Nice, see how long it is before they get a Promenade des Chavs...

As a committed Eurosceptic I will happily eat Viennese Whirls, I enjoy Chco Leibniz. I have no problem with other European Countries existing. I do have a problem with an overarching sclerotic Eurostate. Let's trade, let's cooperate, but let's not be a Eurostate.
Legend in my own Mind


DavidL

December 16, 2016, 12:41:53 pm #350 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 13:01:21 pm by DavidL
Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on December 16, 2016, 12:01:02 pm

As a committed Eurosceptic I will happily eat Viennese Whirls, I enjoy Chco Leibniz. I have no problem with other European Countries existing. I do have a problem with an overarching sclerotic Eurostate. Let's trade, let's cooperate, but let's not be a Eurostate.
I concur  ;)

I have to admit that my favourite is the Teutonic treat that is Liebniz.
How a prominent mathematician, responsible for differential and integral calculus, could ever find time to develop such a chocolate-coated classic is beyond me  :-\

Moving Target


DavidL

Quote from: Moving Target on December 17, 2016, 13:31:13 pm
I think you can be a Europhile and still accept that the EU has serious problems requiring reform.
Only a true Europhile could accept that the EU will acknowledge that fact and carry out meaningful reform (before it disintegrates).

DavidL

December 17, 2016, 17:27:34 pm #353 Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 20:13:45 pm by DavidL
CBI yesterday reported manufacturing output at its highest since mid-2014.


Also announced yesterday: Lidl to create 5000 new jobs in the UK. They plan to open nearly 250 new stores in the capital as part of a three-year £1.5bn investment program which includes a new £70m London HQ.
A big vote of confidence in the post-Brexit economy......from the Germans of all people  :)



Chris Quartly

This is all rather silly. You can't say "but we haven't exited the EU yet, this is scare-mongering" when someone posts something bad, and then say "this is great in this post-Brexit economy" when something good happens (when again, we haven't left the EU yet), the flip-flopping by various people in this thread is astonishing, perhaps some should consider a change of career... might I suggest politics.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

DavidL

December 18, 2016, 01:10:56 am #355 Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:07:02 am by DavidL
Quote from: Chris Quartly on December 17, 2016, 23:07:49 pm
This is all rather silly. You can't say "but we haven't exited the EU yet, this is scare-mongering" when someone posts something bad, and then say "this is great in this post-Brexit economy" when something good happens (when again, we haven't left the EU yet), the flip-flopping by various people in this thread is astonishing, perhaps some should consider a change of career... might I suggest politics.
Read it more closely Chris, what I said was that a three-year investment is a vote of confidence in a post-Brexit economy. That is not open to interpretation, as you suggest. No flip-flopping from me here only a recognition that the immediate effects of a Leave vote that were prophesised by the Remain campaign were a based on a tissue of lies.

NeilP

I still feel very uneasy about the UK's prospects post Brexit and still believe there will be a GE before we leave.

Moving Target

Quote from: DavidL on December 17, 2016, 17:04:39 pm
Only a true Europhile could accept that the EU will acknowledge that fact and carry out meaningful reform (before it disintegrates).
I don't think it will disintegrate, but it might implode like a neutron star - there will be a stable neutronium inner core made of Germany, France, Benelux, Denmark and Sweden, while the deadbeats such as Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece get blown off into space and go into orbit as associate members.


Perhaps we will be in some sort of Commonwealth common market (but not political union) by then.

DavidL

Quote from: Moving Target on December 18, 2016, 22:40:31 pm
I don't think it will disintegrate, but it might implode like a neutron star - there will be a stable neutronium inner core made of Germany, France, Benelux, Denmark and Sweden, while the deadbeats such as Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece get blown off into space and go into orbit as associate members.


Perhaps we will be in some sort of Commonwealth common market (but not political union) by then.
That's a very perceptive comment, Mr Target.

Chris Quartly

Quote from: DavidL on December 18, 2016, 01:10:56 am
Read it more closely Chris, what I said was that a three-year investment is a vote of confidence in a post-Brexit economy. That is not open to interpretation, as you suggest. No flip-flopping from me here only a recognition that the immediate effects of a Leave vote that were prophesised by the Remain campaign were a based on a tissue of lies.



It's not just that one post (and it's not just you).
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade