Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nïckslïkk2112

Q: Why does the EU exist?

A: The French are shit scared of being crushed under the heel of a Prussian Jackboot - again.

Now, answer me this: is that a solid basis for the EU project?
Legend in my own Mind


Nick

I never make it past Kim Kardasians arse.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL


döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Moving Target

Sarah Olney has overturned Zac Goldsmith's huge majority in the Richmond Park by-election.  So pleased that the Lib Dems are back on the march.


Wondering what this means for the type of Brexit.

DavidL

Quote from: Moving Target on December 02, 2016, 06:58:20 am
Sarah Olney has overturned Zac Goldsmith's huge majority in the Richmond Park by-election.  So pleased that the Lib Dems are back on the march.

Ironic that you should use a military term to describe a group of such soft-spined individuals :)   ;)

Thailand Express

Quote from: Moving Target on December 02, 2016, 06:58:20 am
Sarah Olney has overturned Zac Goldsmith's huge majority in the Richmond Park by-election.  So pleased that the Lib Dems are back on the march.

Wondering what this means for the type of Brexit.



We'll probably need to wait til there's a bi-election in a constituency that voted Leave.  If anyone's going to benefit from constituency elections being framed around Brexit it'll be UKIP...

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on December 02, 2016, 08:03:47 am
Ironic that you should use a military term to describe a group of such soft-spined individuals :)   ;)



Now, now...don't criticize their backs, THEY'RE BACK!!!!  ;)
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 02, 2016, 10:53:37 am

Now, now...don't criticize their backs, THEY'RE BACK!!!!  ;)
;D
If they carry on in the manner of Susan Kramer on This Week, last night, they won't be back for long - embarrassing

Moving Target

Quote from: DavidL on December 02, 2016, 08:03:47 am
Ironic that you should use a military term to describe a group of such soft-spined individuals :)   ;)


A swarm of Humbolt Squid can eat you alive.  And Mr Goldsmith used the military metaphor before me - he said he was subjected to "an unprecedented Lib Dem heavy bombardment". 

The LDs were burned down to the grassroots last year but are re-emerging, winning 75 council seats including since the last main round, often with with 20% swings, doubling their membership since the Referendum.  With Labour lurching left and locked in internecene cold war, and the Tories taking on the populist mantle, there is fertile ground in the centre.  Their problem is a lack of funds - they lack the big biz support of the Tories and the union support of Labour.  Also, Tim Farron does not inspire much, his fiery performance on BBCQT notwithstanding.  I think he is an interim leader for them.

DavidL

Quote from: Moving Target on December 02, 2016, 11:57:53 am
  Also, Tim Farron does not inspire much, his fiery performance on BBCQT notwithstanding.  I think he is an interim leader for them.
Bring back 'titfer-munching' Pantsdown!

Matt2112

Quote from: Moving Target on December 02, 2016, 11:57:53 am
A swarm of Humbolt Squid can eat you alive.  And Mr Goldsmith used the military metaphor before me - he said he was subjected to "an unprecedented Lib Dem heavy bombardment". 

The LDs were burned down to the grassroots last year but are re-emerging, winning 75 council seats including since the last main round, often with with 20% swings, doubling their membership since the Referendum.  With Labour lurching left and locked in internecene cold war, and the Tories taking on the populist mantle, there is fertile ground in the centre.  Their problem is a lack of funds - they lack the big biz support of the Tories and the union support of Labour.  Also, Tim Farron does not inspire much, his fiery performance on BBCQT notwithstanding.  I think he is an interim leader for them.



Fine post, especially re Farron.  Who to replace him, though?  There seems a dearth of leader-calibre personnel at the moment.
The keys to happiness

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 02, 2016, 14:48:34 pm

Fine post, especially re Farron.  Who to replace him, though?  There seems a dearth of leader-calibre personnel at the moment.



The country really needs them to have a strong leader. with Labour becoming more irrelevant by the day, with the Tories main concern being to capture the UKIP vote and with UKIP being UKIP,  the political landscape has never looked so depressing.


Can the Lib Dems save us?
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on December 02, 2016, 15:24:56 pm

The country really needs them to have a strong leader. with Labour becoming more irrelevant by the day, with the Tories main concern being to capture the UKIP vote and with UKIP being UKIP,  the political landscape has never looked so depressing.


Can the Lib Dems save us?
(( ;D ;D ;D ;D ))


;)