Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on March 05, 2020, 10:09:12 amGood to see the "get brexit done" "boris bounce" is in full swing David. I thought growth would be at 5% the deficit paid off, all the pot holes filled, 40 new hospitals built and the 40.000 nurses jobs filled. Well I guess Johnson is only part time and he's got children to make. How many is that? the rumour is 12. I think I will be parking a trailor out side number 10 for him to live in for our part time great leader.

Instead we have Cummings and Patel bullying their way through the civil service. I guess they don't like to hear facts from those unelected bureaucrats.
I'm sorry you feel so much pain, Rufus  ;)

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on March 05, 2020, 12:10:28 pmI'm sorry you feel so much pain, Rufus  ;)
Its good to see Ireland and Greece in recovery. I thought brexit land lovers thought it was dust for them and they would leave the Euro. Seems like the ToryUKiPgraph got it all wrong as per usual.

Just wondering is that your paper of choice?
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

döm

March 17, 2020, 17:43:07 pm #4037 Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 19:07:06 pm by döm
Does anyone think that Brexit may be put off for quite a while, that this current transition period may be extended?

Not only because the respective Governments and EU officials have more pressing matters on their hands but because the UK (and EU) economy will be on the floor and need major efforts to resuscitate them. The added shock of Brexit would be the last thing that businesses would need as they attempt to recover from the impact of the Coronavirus.

It would be completely foolhardy  to continue with the current timeline. That's not to say it won't happen though.
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Nick

March 17, 2020, 18:57:23 pm #4038 Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 18:59:09 pm by Nick
I agree surely we cant do Brexit against this backdrop but i see the government today said they are still continuing for exit in 2020.

Maybe the virus may be the thing that shows we are better off together than apart. I see China flew in respirators and nurses into Italy.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on March 17, 2020, 18:57:23 pmMaybe the virus may be the thing that shows we are better off together than apart. 
Maybe it will be the trigger that rips the EU apart.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on March 17, 2020, 20:30:49 pmMaybe it will be the trigger that rips the EU apart.
or the UK!

Nick

Surely we can't do BREXIT this year...
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on April 05, 2020, 21:06:59 pmSurely we can't do BREXIT this year...
When it does get done, there's no chance now for Remoaners to provide any irrefutable evidence that it's been bad for the economy. Shame, all that 'remoaning' for nowt 😉

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Nick on April 05, 2020, 21:06:59 pmSurely we can't do BREXIT this year...
Course we can Malcolm!

We've got to beat the Italians to it!!!
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Chris Quartly

Quote from: DavidL on April 05, 2020, 22:13:34 pmWhen it does get done, there's no chance now for Remoaners to provide any irrefutable evidence that it's been bad for the economy. Shame, all that 'remoaning' for nowt 😉
A global pandemic that kills scores of people celebrated by Brexiters because something else also made the economy tank...
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

DavidL

Quote from: Chris Quartly on April 06, 2020, 17:38:46 pmA global pandemic that kills scores of people celebrated by Brexiters because something else also made the economy tank...
'also'  ;D

Sorry you've been denied your 'told you so' moment, must be frustrating  ;)

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on April 06, 2020, 18:25:56 pm'also'  ;D

Sorry you've been denied your 'told you so' moment, must be frustrating  ;)
......told you so.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Chris Quartly on April 06, 2020, 17:38:46 pmA global pandemic that kills scores of people celebrated by Brexiters because something else also made the economy tank...
I think we can live with scores. Regular flu seasons do way more than that :)
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

DavidL

Andrew Neil tweet:

"When even President Macron says supply chains will have to become more French, from food to pharma, then you know globalisation will be in serious retreat in 2020s."

Bring on 'Frexit'  ;D

pdw1

Quote from: DavidL on April 14, 2020, 13:07:51 pmAndrew Neil tweet:

"When even President Macron says supply chains will have to become more French, from food to pharma, then you know globalisation will be in serious retreat in 2020s."

Bring on 'Frexit'  ;D

Frogxit ?
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown