Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus the dawg

Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

rufus the dawg

Any of you leavers applying for your new BLUE Passport made in Poland, oh how I laugh. We went to war for them and now they make our passports to stop us going to the EU. The deep deep irony.

Nick

February 27, 2020, 21:00:55 pm #4022 Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 21:03:02 pm by Nick
It's obvious the target is no deal (under whatever pseudonym he calls it). On the radio this morning (Emma Barnet) Teresa
Villiers was interviewed and she would not use the phrase " no deal"..under instruction from on high.

What is wrong with using the term no deal? @EmmaBarnett asks Conservative MP and prominent Brexiteer Theresa Villiers who repeatedly refuses to say it

🗣️"The phrase became loaded"

📲Read more https://t.co/PDcqk1xVee pic.twitter.com/vgKO9k86wf
-- BBC Radio 5 Live (@bbc5live) February 27, 2020 ">
QuoteWhat is wrong with using the term no deal? @EmmaBarnett asks Conservative MP and prominent Brexiteer Theresa Villiers who repeatedly refuses to say it

🗣️"The phrase became loaded"

📲Read more https://t.co/PDcqk1xVee pic.twitter.com/vgKO9k86wf
-- BBC Radio 5 Live (@bbc5live) February 27, 2020
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

rufus the dawg

February 27, 2020, 22:10:52 pm #4023 Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:51:35 am by rufus the dawg
Quote from: döm on February 27, 2020, 20:17:31 pmGot Brexit done Slim? Even though Johnson appears to want the word Brexit banned it is anything but done.

In fact I'm reminded of Bush claiming 'Mission Accomplished' on that aircraft carrier near Iraq back in 2003.

And if he carries on and delivers on his no no deal rhetoric and leaves the UK in a dire economic mess he will be looked on even less fondly than Bush and Blair.
And the fact Johnson will walk away if does not get what they want shows we don't have all the cards, What next will wel walk away from a deal with china if we don't get what we want.

I'm still waiting to hear from slim about this new land we can trade with. I speculated a while back it was the Mythical land of Atlantis, but he did not Answers, maybe he is on his Chinese made bike looking for it!  Mr Tebbit would be pleased.

döm

50,000 people to be recruited in the UK  to handle customs documentation when we leave the EU. 

I thought leaving the EU would lead to a reduction of red tape?  At least Brexit is creating jobs

And the cost of over a billion pounds will be very affordable in this bright new Brexit world.
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

rufus the dawg

Quote from: döm on February 28, 2020, 08:17:49 am50,000 people to be recruited in the UK  to handle customs documentation when we leave the EU.

I thought leaving the EU would lead to a reduction of red tape?  At least Brexit is creating jobs

And the cost of over a billion pounds will be very affordable in this bright new Brexit world.
Johnson said there would be zero checks. He said it I remember. Taxes are going to have to pay for it. I remember back in the 80s the right wing wanted to join the EU and the single market to remove all customs. Frictionless trade they wanted.

döm

Woohoo!!! Trade deal with US expected to yield 0.16% of  GDP over the next 15 years!!!
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

rufus the dawg

Quote from: döm on March 02, 2020, 20:05:46 pmWoohoo!!! Trade deal with US expected to yield 0.16% of  GDP over the next 15 years!!!
bet £500 and get £10 back, sounds like a plan.

rufus the dawg

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on March 04, 2020, 00:46:25 amhttp://eureferendum.com/

very interesting reading.
I got as far as.. "According to the Guardian...."

döm

Quote from: DavidL on March 04, 2020, 01:29:53 amI got as far as.. "According to the Guardian...."
Understandable. Why look to a reputable source when there's do much fake news out there to choose from!

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on March 04, 2020, 01:29:53 amI got as far as.. "According to the Guardian...."
The thing is he wants to leave the EU!

DavidL

rufus the dawg

According to what newspapers is the paper of choice in David's towers?

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on March 05, 2020, 01:46:05 amExtremely prescient 😉
Good to see the "get brexit done" "boris bounce" is in full swing David. I thought growth would be at 5% the deficit paid off, all the pot holes filled, 40 new hospitals built and the 40.000 nurses jobs filled. Well I guess Johnson is only part time and he's got children to make. How many is that? the rumour is 12. I think I will be parking a trailor out side number 10 for him to live in for our part time great leader.

Instead we have Cummings and Patel bullying their way through the civil service. I guess they don't like to hear facts from those unelected bureaucrats.